Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2017 10:26:07 AM EDT
My local club hosted a PCC clash last weekend. my home built 9mm ran like a champ. ended up taking 5th place out of 14.

video:

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:07:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice Ar9!

Haha I was going to try and make it up there for the match. It's been over a year since I shot Cavens Cove 3 gun

Was it PCC with shotgun/ pistol? I wish they have another night match. That was really fun too!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice Ar9!

Haha I was going to try and make it up there for the match. It's been over a year since I shot Cavens Cove 3 gun

Was it PCC with shotgun/ pistol? I wish they have another night match. That was really fun too!
View Quote
rifle only
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice PCC

I have shot mostly 3 gun over the last 8 years. Recently i have moved over to USPSA. I like the idea of PCC only matches.

I have been thinking about getting the range to run the next 3 gun match with rifle targets 100 yards or less so PCC can be used as the rifle.

How far out were the targets?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nice PCC

I have shot mostly 3 gun over the last 8 years. Recently i have moved over to USPSA. I like the idea of PCC only matches.

I have been thinking about getting the range to run the next 3 gun match with rifle targets 100 yards or less so PCC can be used as the rifle.

View Quote
65 yards but you had the option to run out to 35 yards to engage.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice PCC

View Quote
Our Match Director has started including a PCC division in our 3 gun matches.

Basically, all paper and steel under 200yds are PCC targets with all PCC shooters taking the same penalties for clays and steel over 200yds.

You can still use a pistol and shotgun in the stages, though I'm not sure why you would, unless the PCC went down.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice rifle OP but the socks were awesome!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

rifle only
View Quote
I should have gone. very nice run on the video
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#8]
At about ~:43 in the video, were you running with the muzzle pointed straight up?

At ~1:12 and ~1:52, it looks like you were pretty much shooting sideways across the range.

Perhaps the ranges in my area are more cautious, but I can't say I've been to any matches that had purposeful target engagement that close to 180 degrees and didn't require muzzle pointed downrange (or into berm) while running a stage.

Stay safe out there...
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
At about ~:43 in the video, were you running with the muzzle pointed straight up?

At ~1:12 and ~1:52, it looks like you were pretty much shooting sideways across the range.

Perhaps the ranges in my area are more cautious, but I can't say I've been to any matches that had purposeful target engagement that close to 180 degrees and didn't require muzzle pointed downrange (or into berm) while running a stage.

Stay safe out there...
View Quote
YES on the running.

as far as sideways, it might have looked it but i never broke the 180

ive seen alot of videos of matches where people move with the gun not pointed at the berm. course if you fire a shot then its DQ time.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top