Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/13/2017 8:20:49 PM EDT
Without having to machine an easement around the sidecharging boss?

I've already got the Midwest Industries MI-SP7M, and before I find someone with a mill and a steady eye - has anyone found something off the shelf that just works?

Thanks for any help/leads/suggestions/tips/japes/whatever.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't find one in the length/M-Lok I wanted so I just went with what I liked and filed it down.  Looks good too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I couldn't find one in the length/M-Lok I wanted so I just went with what I liked and filed it down.  Looks good too.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg172/bryceban/Mobile%20Uploads/20170522_185010_zpstupzkkov.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:23:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't beat the price on the LFA handguards

https://www.livefreearmory.com/product/5-56-9-lfa-handguard-blem/

I have the 4.5" on mine

Link Posted: 6/19/2017 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a 4.5 lfa on mine too. I got a Blem one. The 3rd keymod hole wasn't machined properly so can't use that one. But can't complain cuz it's a Blem and price was right.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a gibbs with a DRD front rail that fits fine. I had to dremel the first rail for the anti rotation piece but that was it. OP it might help if you tell us what upper you are using.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a gibbs with a DRD front rail that fits fine. I had to dremel the first rail for the anti rotation piece but that was it. OP it might help if you tell us what upper you are using.
View Quote
In the title: NFA (New Frontier Armory) side charger.

I just got done dremeling an easement with a thin cutoff wheel to clear the boss, now I just need to bolt it together to see if it fits tight and true.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got a 4.5 lfa on mine too. I got a Blem one. The 3rd keymod hole wasn't machined properly so can't use that one. But can't complain cuz it's a Blem and price was right.
View Quote
If you're talking about the 3rd keymod hole on the bottom, that's how they all are - not enough room for 3 so the last one is too close to the raised portion where the screws go.  I got a non-blem one.  I still used the 3rd key mod hole, I just had to file down some of the raised keymod tabs on the rail section I installed.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top