Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2016 8:15:25 PM EDT
I am building a SBR 22 AR with a CMMG 4.5 inch barrel and bolt with a better mag adapter.

I have been running the upper on another SBR lower but am getting the parts for its own lower while waiting on the stamp.

So far, my Geissele SD-E has worked perfect.

However, I don't know that I want to spend that much for a 22.

What have you guys been running successfully?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
i am using a RRA 2 stage..  for a plinker its more than good enough

brian
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Greetings,

Due to a compatability issue with my specific .22 upper/bolt and the "G" FCGs I tried (SSA, SSA/E), I ended up using the same as "thatguy" mentioned below. It's worked out just fine. Not quite as refined as a "G" product, but not too bad at all. I have the 2 stage "NM" version. Good luck with your build!

Regards, Jim

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i am using a RRA 2 stage..  for a plinker its more than good enough

brian
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#3]
+3 on the RRA NM trigger... actually, I use it in all my competition rifles... the .22lr is on a back up lower
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:26:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the RRA trigger is an excellent choice, but I prefer a single stage trigger and use the POF 4.5 trigger.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think the RRA trigger is an excellent choice, but I prefer a single stage trigger and use the POF 4.5 trigger.
View Quote

I run a POF 4.5 on my 9mm SBR, have any trouble with the 22?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None. I actually went to it after having erratic ignition problems with my Timney 3 lb trigger.  After discussing my problems with Tim @Taccom, I went to a pressure plug and the POF to counter what was best described as tolerance stacking.  It has been through thousands of rounds since without a problem.  I also use the POF in my 9mm SBRs.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

None. I actually went to it after having erratic ignition problems with my Timney 3 lb trigger.  After discussing my problems with Tim @Taccom, I went to a pressure plug and the POF to counter what was best described as tolerance stacking.  It has been through thousands of rounds since without a problem.  I also use the POF in my 9mm SBRs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I'll toss my 22 upper on my 9mm lower and see how it runs with the POF.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I'll toss my 22 upper on my 9mm lower and see how it runs with the POF.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for the suggestion, I just ordered a POF 4.5 for my other .22 AR.  Tried out the JMT trigger in it but as suspected, no-go with my mix of .22. So far my Spike .22 likes the Timney 308 trigger.

AIM has a great deal on POF trigger now using coupon code (you guys know where to get it from )
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Because I run my 22 AR  more than any of  my other  rifles I recently , switched  from an RRA 2 stage,  great setup which have served me well for years, to CMC 3.5 .  a very noticeable upgrade and worth the money for me. That said either the RRA or the CMC are great choices.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got one of the $125 3lb Velocity triggers in mine and it works great.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top