Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2016 12:48:06 PM EDT
Love my PSA9 mm. Super fun to shoot. I think a really good trigger would make this thing GREAT. Anyone on here running a Geissele trigger in a PAS 9 and if so which one ?
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
G2S works on COLT pattern CMMG SBR I have w/o issue.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want to simulate full auto, grab an S3G, SD3G or B-GRF. They love to bump with the heavy blowbacks.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Well ordered a S3G . I like shooting the gongs.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want to simulate full auto, grab an S3G, SD3G or B-GRF. They love to bump with the heavy blowbacks.
View Quote

S3G has not worked for everybody, search this forum for reports!
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing works for everyone. I like a single stage trigger. Got the on other guns but not as good as this one. Double taps WAY COOLon the gongs. We will see what happens. Palmetto says they got them for 200.00 but I ordered mine from Joe Bobs in Kansas 23?.00.Free shipping. still mad about the flasher suppressor . And I have replaced it all ready.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Just trying to help. Do report back on your upgrades.

Quoted:
Ok just got off phone with JP.  My Wilson Combat TTU is not compatible with any 9mm ramped bolt as is my Geissele Super 3 gun trigger.  I figured trigger was issue due to denting of metal on the hammer and the light strikes.

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Got a link to the thread?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm running a G2S in my PSA 9, and it runs fine with my unsupressed upper. Nary a problem.

With the suppressed upper, however, it bumps like a big dick dog.  Just enough extra recoil to bump the trigger.  Fun, tho.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Geissele's G2S and S3G/SD3G have nearly identical hammer profiles.  Any bolt the G2S is compatible with should work with the S3G - though bump firing is much more likely with the S3G.

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Geissele's G2S and S3G/SD3G have nearly identical hammer profiles.  Any bolt the G2S is compatible with should work with the S3G - though bump firing is much more likely with the S3G.

View Quote

Yet there are reports of the contrary. That's why I am interested in the OPs feedback when he's done. I can attest that my personal 9mm rifles (2) work without trigger issues using the G2S.

ETA: hammer profiles, as far as geometry goes, are VERY different. Look at the hammer trigger bearing surface angle and shape. Look at the disconnector bearing surface geometry and size.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#14]
FWIW, S3G did not work with my JP 9mm bolt.  The JP single stage EZ trigger worked well.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe I should call Gisele and ask them. I hear they got good customer service. If the trigger won't work on my 9 I can put it in something else.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Maybe I should call Gisele and ask them. I hear they got good customer service. If the trigger won't work on my 9 I can put it in something else.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Brent from CA wrote on April 07, 2016:

Not for the Colt 9mm Carbine. Contacted Geissele and received this response:

Good Afternoon Brent Thank you for contacting us. We would recommend an SSA or SSA-E due to the longer sear engagement and the better chance of them to reset. In some 9mm AR15 rifles, the modified bolts (ramped bolt) causes reset issues, the bolt does not push the hammer down far enough to catch the disconnect, which may be happening with your Colt 9mm SMG . Please note, our triggers are designed for the AR15 5.56 platform and we have not tested them in the Colt 9mm SMG . I hope this information is helpful.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Brent Thanks for that info. Well let y'all know I hope over the weekend if they get the trigger to me.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#18]
SSA-E runs perfect in my PSA 9 10.5"
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good Afternoon Brent Thank you for contacting us. We would recommend an SSA or SSA-E due to the longer sear engagement and the better chance of them to reset. In some 9mm AR15 rifles, the modified bolts (ramped bolt) causes reset issues, the bolt does not push the hammer down far enough to catch the disconnect, which may be happening with your Colt 9mm SMG . Please note, our triggers are designed for the AR15 5.56 platform and we have not tested them in the Colt 9mm SMG . I hope this information is helpful.

Went through the same thing a few months ago.

I wanted to believe everyone else was wrong.

S3G does not work reliably in my GSF lower from JoeBob's.  periodically it will reset the hammer, but it's less than 50% of the time.  ALG works perfect so far.  Even won a local steel match with my 9mm AR set up that way
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

S3G does not work reliably in my GSF lower from JoeBob's.  periodically it will reset the hammer, but it's less than 50% of the time.  ALG works perfect so far.  Even won a local steel match with my 9mm AR set up that way
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any build details?

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Any build details?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any build details?

JoeBob's small frame lower
LPK from PSA w magpul stock and pistol grip
ALG ACT trigger
Heavyweight buffer
Complete 16" upper from Macon Armory
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#22]
what bcg?, that similar to what i have and was thinking of the GEissle 3g trigger.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't know.  Whatever comes from Macon Armory.  I just got the entire upper from them, put it on and never looked back.  

Aside from the S3G not working, that upper has been stone cold reliable so far, but I only have a few thousand rounds through it so far.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Well SHIT. The S3G will NOT work on my PSA 9mm. It will not reset the trigger at ALL.  Ok so what is the BEST single stage trigger to put in this thing? Sure wish the S3G would work it is one SWEET trigger
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 5:03:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I have the Hyperfire 24c in my 9mm build. It is 100 % reliable (JP Bolt and silent capture spring, Colt QC10 lower) The trigger is as fast as my S3G in my AR15.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Will this work on a PSA 9mm ? Or are they the same ? Ar9 is a AR 9?
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#28]
If I run a different bolt in the PSA ar9 will my Gisele S3G trigger work in my AR9?
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#29]
What buffer are you using?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#30]
The one that came with the lower from PSA
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:50:50 AM EDT
[#31]
All I could find was a M4 stock kit with carbine buffer.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Have my Rise Armament  RA140 in fpr a couple hundred rounds now. Runs great. Not sure how it compares to the Geissle.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#33]
I love my SSA-E in my colt pattern 9

Buddy has a CMC drop in.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top