Posted: 6/17/2016 8:02:47 PM EDT
Just finished today -

PSA pistol Colt lower
PSA bolt
Rainer upper w/o FA
BA 5.5" 9mm barrel
Seekins 7" MCSR
Guntec flash can

Now I'm just waiting on the form 1 approval to SBR it and another F1 for the can that will go on it.

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice! I have a burning need for a 9mm suppressed SBR.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:34:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Verdy niiiiiizceeee!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 2:21:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice! What trigger? How's function?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice! What trigger? How's function?
View Quote

It's the PSA NiB plated trigger which is pretty decent for being only $40. I did have to grind down the BHO to clear the shell case. Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Took it out shooting yesterday and it ran somewhat okay. Out of 100 rounds I had about 7-8 FTFs and a few FTEs which I think are attributed to a bad PSA mag. I marked it and need to shoot it some more to verify that it is just the mag.

Other than that it was really helpful to have the tube that you can put against your check to help with aiming. I had this at 10 yards and I could control the aim so well I was able to deliberately to expand the hole bigger and bigger. This was about 50 rounds.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Took it out shooting yesterday and it ran somewhat okay. Out of 100 rounds I had about 7-8 FTFs and a few FTEs which I think are attributed to a bad PSA mag. I marked it and need to shoot it some more to verify that it is just the mag.

Other than that it was really helpful to have the tube that you can put against your check to help with aiming. I had this at 10 yards and I could control the aim so well I was able to deliberately to expand the hole bigger and bigger. This was about 50 rounds.

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u448/ar15eric/IMG_0915_zps5iat2taw.jpg
View Quote

Thanks. Curious what mag you had issues with. You stated PSA, is it the Metalform?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks. Curious what mag you had issues with. You stated PSA, is it the Metalform?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. It could be the ejector though. I need to take it to the range again and run a more definitive test to compare mag performance.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yup. It could be the ejector though. I need to take it to the range again and run a more definitive test to compare mag performance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It should be throwing the empties about 15' or so, if they are not going very far your ejector may need a little adjusting.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks, they work flawless in my 6951.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:26:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It should be throwing the empties about 15' or so, if they are not going very far your ejector may need a little adjusting.
View Quote

What type of adjustments would it need? This is my first pistol caliber AR so I'm a bit of a newb on it. Although I am having more FTF issues than FTE.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top