Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2016 10:43:51 PM EDT
I'm finally getting around to installing an lpk in my gsf lower and I'm replacing the LRBHO bar with the improved version. The old bar had a shim/washer and was a bit thinner than the new bar. Should I install the shim/washer with the new bar?

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The new bar should come with a thinner shim............
View Quote

Darn. Looks like they didn't include the shim in the small parts kit I purchased.  Ugh.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:58:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought my lower in November and still building it. When you say new and improved does that mean my purchased lower is an old style or is this something they did way back when?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:37:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought my lower in November and still building it. When you say new and improved does that mean my purchased lower is an old style or is this something they did way back when?
View Quote

On the new LRBHO arm, the part marked by the arrow doesn't exist anymore. I'm not sure when they switched over to the improved arm.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok thank you, I'll have to go look.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Greetings,

I wanted to check mine before I replied. Yes, you do need the washer and be sure to place it to the outer (receiver) side of the new lever. Not towards the ramp. The new design works great, mine has functioned almost 100% since I installed the updated lever. Good luck!

Regards, Jim
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top