Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2015 12:36:28 AM EDT
Making this for the Wife to shoot. If this should be in a different category, please feel free to move it.

Starting from the rear. It is a KAK Pistol buffer tube with Buffer Spring and Taccom pressure plug. . Lower receiver started as a stripped brand new Aero Precision which is marked Multi Caliber. Upper receiver has a dedicated CMMG .22 Bolt assembly. Hand guard is 9 inches long. Barrel will be a Taccom ULW 9 inch barrel. With a KAW comp that is 2 1/8  inch long. Total overall length will be 24 1/2 inches when the barrel and comp are installed.  No barrel installed now. Comp is just lying in the end to give perspective.  

It should be light for her. Should come in well under 4 Lbs without the mag

So does this all pass as legal as a Pistol Build? Only thing I amy not be real  sure on is if it has to a minimum/maximum overall length or something?

If not  legal what needs to be altered from my plan? I think it should be OK but have never made one so want to be sure..Thanks

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 2:25:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice legal pistol.  There's no maximum length on a pistol.  My AR pistol started w/ a 16" bbl and a rifle buffer tube.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, hope she shoots it. I am hoping she will. She will not shoot any of my full size rifles. Maybe this will get her more interested in rifles more.

Right now she only shoots her handguns. Says other are too long and heavy towards the front end. She is small.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  Thanks, hope she shoots it. I am hoping she will. She will not shoot any of my full size rifles. Maybe this will get her more interested in rifles more.

Right now she only shoots her handguns. Says other are too long and heavy towards the front end. She is small.
View Quote

I see a stamp in your future.  Better get on it - 41P could hit 1 December.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually she wants a stamp for a suppressor. To use on her Ruger SR22. That will surely be the top priority if we spend the 200.00

What is 41P?

EDIT: Did some looking and figured out what 41P is. Should not  ever be a problem for me. My CLEO has signed off on two NFA Weopons in the past. That was the Chief of Police. Could be a problem for some in Liberal ares of the Country though. Pretty safe here I think.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:   Actually she wants a stamp for a suppressor. To use on her Ruger SR22. That will surely be the top priority if we spend the 200.00
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/434329_The__100_effective_Form1_suppressors__and_one_not_so__100_____56k_beware__or_even_2mb_like_me______.html
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top