Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2015 1:29:54 PM EDT
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/06/25/new-frontier-armory-9mm-glock-ar-lower-sneak-peak/

9MM AR-15s seem to be getting more popular these days. 9mm ARs are nothing new, they’ve been around for decades, but the new trend seems to be AR lower receivers that accept Glock magazines. Most recently there was the Angstadt Arms UDP-9 from SHOT Show 2015 as well as a few others on the market. Well New Frontier Armory just posted a sneak peak of their budget friendly AR lower that works with any 9mm Glock mags. They just started production and should retail at just $169.99. Check out newfrontierarmory.com for details. - See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/06/25/new-frontier-armory-9mm-glock-ar-lower-sneak-peak/#sthash.iWGyLK0O.dpuf
View Quote

Competition and variety is a great thing. 100 bucks less than a quartercircle10 lower.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Now were talking what upper style are these ? I had a Oly arms upper didnt like the mags .
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now were talking what upper style are these ? I had a Oly arms upper did like the mags .
View Quote

Based on the pictures, the same style upper one would use on a QC10 or Colt. If you used a colt BCG one would need to relieve some of the bolt where it feed rounds / between the mag feed lips.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
When I read "New Frontier," I expected to see a polymer lower.  This looks billet - and extremely close in appearance to the QC10 Glock lower.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#4]
tag
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet.... I might sell my SUB2000 to fund this.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a nfa billet lower on my rifle I had to sell, it was excellent quality and finish was perfect. Dark black. Had to ask Midwest ind if they had darker uppers to match it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Tag
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When I read "New Frontier," I expected to see a polymer lower.  This looks billet - and extremely close in appearance to the QC10 Glock lower.
View Quote

They've put out one version of a polymer lower, two versions of forged aluminum lowers, two versions of billet aluminum lowers, are working on this project in billet aluminum, and have a .308 in the works in billet aluminum they've been tinkering with.  While you should definitely think of them when it comes to polymer, it isn't and hasn't been their only focus.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They've put out one version of a polymer lower, two versions of forged aluminum lowers, two versions of billet aluminum lowers, are working on this project in billet aluminum, and have a .308 in the works in billet aluminum they've been tinkering with.  While you should definitely think of them when it comes to polymer, it isn't and hasn't been their only focus.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's good to know.  All I've seen of their stuff has been polymer stuff at gun shows, which didn't endear them to me.  Forged and billet are a different thing altogether.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:37:13 AM EDT
[#10]
They have been doing billet for two maybe three years now.
They also have matching billet uppers. One is a slick side.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:25:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Any idea of how the LRBHO is engineered?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top