Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/7/2015 5:09:59 AM EDT
Decided to get my Colt 9mm bolt ramped after 15 year of use. Only reason is I want to use a Geissele SSA trigger. So I hear all the great reviews about ADCO. I called them and just got a voice mail stating best way to reach them is by email. Sent them a simple email as to whether or not the ramping would be compatible with the SSA trigger and no response.  Decided to just ordered their ramping service for $50.00. After placing the order got a notice I would get an order conformation email along with a form to sign credit card authorization as it is a shop service. Never got the email. Good news is my credit card was never charged. Waited a week, maybe they were having some technical issues. Tried to order the service again tonight and same thing. Stupid me for trying to order a 2nd time. I guess they are doing so well they don't care about new business. Pretty much gave up on them. Their website sucks as well. Sorry for the rant.

Anyways, does any know of any other place that can do the ramping?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 5:31:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:29:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I had two 9MM bolts ramped by MGP. One was a Colt, the other was Rock River. My Colt 6450 has the large hammer and trigger pins. I used a JP Enterprises large pin Speed hammer to make it all work.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the response. Much appriciated. Mad-Machinist, I will take up your offer and just sent you an email
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Just want to say thanks to Rudy - Mad-Machinist. I got my ramped bolt back in 1 week. I slapped a lower with a ALG ACT trigger group and it works. Haven't taken it to the range yet, but it feels a lot nicer then the current dedicated 9mm hammer and trigger. Can't wait to get the SSA-E trigger installed on my DDLES lower.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Mad-Machinist ramped my PSA bolt this week too.  I haven't shot it yet but it looks very nice.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Any fathers day special on ramping anywhere?
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#8]
tagged for reference. planning a PSA 9mm upper build. comes w/ what I assume is a non-ramped bolt.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The early PSA bolts were not ramped.....after the first batch I beat on a bud who makes 'em and he got them to approve a design change....all current production PSA bolts are ramped.
Rudy
View Quote

However, it is important to note that they are still shipping unramped bolts.  And they are unapologetic about it.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#13]
This is what I was planning on:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-9-ar-47/ar-9/psa-10-5-9mm-1-10-melonite-upper-with-bolt-and-charging-handle.html

Specs:

SKU: 507961

UPC: 507961

MFR#:

Barrel Length: 10.5"
Barrel Steel:  Chrome moly
Chamber:  9mm (9x19)
Twist: 1 in 10"
Barrel Finish: Melonite treated
Gas Block Diameter: .750"
F-marked front sight base with shaved bayonet lug
Flash hider
7075-T6 A3 AR upper
T-marks
9mm Bolt
Charging Handle

I assume that's the $95 regular bolt, not the $170 ramped bolt.

ETA: So total in the project will be
$310- Complete CMMG pistol lower
$300- complete PSA upper
~$40 Rear sight
~$27 PSA or other magazines.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Good thing I waited, they have the ramped bolt included in the complete upper now
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good thing I waited, they have the ramped bolt included in the complete upper now
View Quote

Be careful, varies by part # it seems - both the 4th of July 9mm "deals" include "NOT ramped" bolt.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Be careful, varies by part # it seems - both the 4th of July 9mm "deals" include "NOT ramped" bolt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just double checked. My order is for the ramped bolt. My cmmg pistol lower came today. How long till psa ships? Haha this game again
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#17]
What's the advantage of the ramped bolt?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What's the advantage of the ramped bolt?
View Quote
Less stress on pins.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:04:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Got a Geissele G2S trigger from Primary Arms recent sale. Could not justify the price for the SSA. Trigger is installed on my DDLES dedicated 9mm lower. Went to the local indoor range today and put 150 rounds through it. All I can say is "Wow" this thing rocks! I have been missing out all these years. Never really understood the Geissele fan boys till now. The trigger is very predictable. All my targets turned into a 2-3in ragged hole at 25 yards (max indoor distance). This was just standing and shooting off hand. Another benefit I noticed with the ramp bolt is that charging the gun is lighter and took less effort than it was before.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top