Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2015 3:17:21 AM EDT
I recently ended up with 7,000 rounds of free 9mm (S&B 115gr FMJ). So I think I want a 9mm AR.  I used to have a mid length Rock River, which was nice but it was pretty heavy.

Since I don't think I'll stumble upon a cheap Colt Green Label rifle, I'm considering other options. Definitely want a Colt style mag system in a lightweight rifle. Does anyone make 9mm uppers with a 14.5" barrel plus welded/pinned flash hider to make the legal 16"?

What are the differences in the Colt 6951 vs the 6450? The 6450 seems to have less "features" but brings $400 to $500 more in price???
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:26:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I recently ended up with 7,000 rounds of free 9mm (S&B 115gr FMJ). So I think I want a 9mm AR.  I used to have a mid length Rock River, which was nice but it was pretty heavy.

Since I don't think I'll stumble upon a cheap Colt Green Label rifle, I'm considering other options. Definitely want a Colt style mag system in a lightweight rifle. Does anyone make 9mm uppers with a 14.5" barrel plus welded/pinned flash hider to make the legal 16"?

What are the differences in the Colt 6951 vs the 6450? The 6450 seems to have less "features" but brings $400 to $500 more in price???
View Quote

Score!

Hit up FreezinSig (Alaska member), he has some pistol calibers, and I believe one of his is a PSA setup.  There is also some info in the pistol caliber sub forum

I have been considering one to put on one of my SBR lowers, so I am intrigued as well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:43:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Tag.

Now finally being "done" with 5.56 ARs for a good while myself (yes, we will see how long it actually lasts ), I have very recently grown interested in a 9mm AR.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:44:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd keep an eye on the Sig MPX even though it doesn't use colt mags. Gas operated pistol caliber Ar15s are much smoother than a blowback operated gun. Any reason you don't go the SBR route? A 16" barrel on a 9mm really kills a lot of the benefit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:55:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd keep an eye on the Sig MPX even though it doesn't use colt mags. Gas operated pistol caliber Ar15s are much smoother than a blowback operated gun. Any reason you don't go the SBR route? A 16" barrel on a 9mm really kills a lot of the benefit.
View Quote

Totally forgot about the MPX. Surely the route I go.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:56:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I recently ended up with 7,000 rounds of free 9mm
View Quote

How did you manage this???
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:21:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

One of my shippers dropped a pallet of ammo from 8' in the air onto the ground. Some of the boxes are split open, others are a bit dusty, but all the ammo is just fine.

The shipper insisted on full reimbursement.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:24:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I may eventually SBR it but I'm impatient and dont want to wait for the stamp
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
One of my shippers dropped a pallet of ammo from 8' in the air onto the ground. Some of the boxes are split open, others are a bit dusty, but all the ammo is just fine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lucky bastard

Some vid links to give you ideas.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tazdFUSx5l0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VLCkupJ3rUM
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:44:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't you just hate it when this happens ....
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#10]
My 4" 9mm AR pistol (soon to be SBR if the form ever clears) is the most fun gun I own. It is now run suppressed. Just awesome.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#11]
if you want an AR style 9mm Id strongly consider getting a qc10 lower and building your upper to match.The qc10 lowers take glock mags and honestly look really nice
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:32:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
if you want an AR style 9mm Id strongly consider getting a qc10 lower and building your upper to match.The qc10 lowers take glock mags and honestly look really nice
View Quote

When I was looking into building a 9mm AR, I was set on the DDLES set but, that fell by the wayside and the QC10 set is what I'm going to be using once I get the project started.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It'a about a 1 month wait. I would not want a 9mm carbine unless it was SBRd.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I've really enjoyed my Glock frame QC10 build. Shares mags with my G19 and sounds great with a can. You can build some sweet, compact setups with a 4-5" barrel and the LWRC UCIW stock.

Shameless plug:

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've really enjoyed my Glock frame QC10 build. Shares mags with my G19 and sounds great with a can. You can build some sweet, compact setups with a 4-5" barrel and the LWRC UCIW stock.

Shameless plug:

<a href="http://s619.photobucket.com/user/RussellAthletic/media/R1_zpsd8phamwa.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt275/RussellAthletic/R1_zpsd8phamwa.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s619.photobucket.com/user/RussellAthletic/media/R2_zps0izssv8m.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt275/RussellAthletic/R2_zps0izssv8m.jpg</a>
View Quote

BADASS!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:39:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Current efile form 1 wait is averaging over 2 months and continues to slowing tick longer. OP I would look at This.

Or build a 16" on a QC10 lower and file for stamp when you want, get it engraved then have barrel cut down to your ideal size as marked on form 1 and you're all set.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#19]
GPI Mfg. (Black Creek Precision)LE 9, makes 2 colt style dedicated lowers and use colt/colt style mags regular and lightweight lowers look good no bad reviews I've heard of $189. and the other was on sale $125.00 They have 13 and 16in uppers and barrels. as well. I have a pre-ban(old term) colt 9mm, I love it, I have factory pre-ban colt mags & I converted some uzi mags since I have a lot of them and no Uzi, They all run great No problems like I had with my Cmmg build with a mag block in the lower. It's deadly accurate at 100 yds with iron sights.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 1 month wait is gone, as of now. Most people that are getting stamps back are at the 70-80 day mark.

Damn I need to read the whole thread before I post
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#21]
This whole thing with magazines is a pain in the ass.  I have Glock mags for a Sub2K, Beretta mags for a Beretta carbine, and Colt mags for a Colt 9mm.  Wish I could simplify things.
Moon
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top