Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2015 6:34:51 PM EDT
Been wasting a lot of time trying to find an adapter for this palmetto 9mm upper.  I have an ACC Ti-Rant 45 with .578x28 and 9/16x24 pistons.  The barrel is threaded 1/2x36.    This is just to screw around with since its a 16" barrel so I would like to keep the cost down.  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#1]
1/2-36 is a standard thread for AR 9mm barrels.  It keeps idiots enthusiastic but uncautious individuals from threading .22 caliber muzzle devices on the 9mm barrel.

You could do well by simply going with a 3-lug adapter for your can and a 1/2-36 3-lug adapter on the barrel.

Since the 9mm AR is blowback you won't need a piston.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I had an adapter for my .45 can made years ago, but I can't recall if it was from TROSUSA.com or not. Just email them and check. I had a Colt 16" 9mm, and like you used the adapter. I sold the rifle and threw the adapter in my "loose parts bin", dug it out recently to use on my new build.

IIRC it was $60, which is what most of the TROS adapters are, so it was probably him.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a 1/2"-28 to 5/8"-284 from Brownells. Not sure, but the may have one for 1/2"-36.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help.  Tros can make one for $68 shipped.  Kinda sad that 9mm stuff isn't mainstream yet cuz its a lot of fun.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top