Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 3:27:42 PM EDT
I found a new complete upper for $350 without the magazine. I imagine it was robbed from the kit when the magazines were selling for big bucks. I know

black dog mags are compatible. Are there any others? I am thinking s&w mags might be easier to find around town . Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The SW 15-22 mags are the best I have found that also gives you last shot hold open with the better mag adapter.

I really like the Black Dog drums too. But no last shot hold open with those or the standard Black Dogs either...

Smiths are the best straight mags hands down in my opinion..Easy to load too..100% reliable. Great looking also.If that is important to you.

The SW 15-22 ones will work without the adapter but are too loose fitting in the lower for my tastes so we use the adapter.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Obviously, CMMG magazines work as well, as do original Ciener pattern steel magazines.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top