BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 10:22:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Ted, thanks for that link. What was good was there was a link from there to another site where they had tested a bunch of different .22 ammo loads in a high end Swill target .22. The results were very interesting. While we pine for "the best" ammo the results show that there are many good loads out there that are available and shoot pretty darn good. Sometimes we forget that an expensive load that "shoots twice as good" as something more affordable is actually the difference between shooting a .250" group as compared to shooting a .500" group. While the number difference seems large at first if we look at this critically we should realize that our own limitations and the limitations of our particular firearm could be more an issue than the ammo.

As you well know individual firearms, even from the same manufacturer do vary in what ammo they prefer. Those of us who have shot thousands of rounds in many different firearms can readily attest to that. Many of us have published results of our field tests on this site over the past few years to support this. I know I can't take my run of the mill .22 AR and expect it to shoot exceptional groups just because I put some magical ammo into it. The number one factor in our shooter is first our own skill, honed by lots of practice and good technique. After that comes the tool...a quality firearm and then the right ammo to feed it.

None of this comes fast or easy. It requires the shooter to invest a lot of time and work into himself and in trying lots of different ammo.

All that said....this new Eley stuff looks pretty darn good!  And I doubt we will be seeing much of it around here. KYGUNCO does have some Ely available but like all of the good stuff in life...it ain't cheap!  (Note, this is not their latest and greatest, just some of their good stuff)

Eley Tenex
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top