Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2015 11:10:09 AM EDT
I'm looking into building a 9mm AR carbine that uses glock mags.

So far the front runners seem to be Lone Wolf or QC10 for the lower.

Who makes compatible uppers?

The QC recv'r require use of their own bolt, and Lone Wolf upper require a modified bolt also.

What would be the simplest solution to getting together a glock mag AR that requires minimal mods.

Also, I've seen referernces to the glock mags needing mods.
I'd like to be ables to use my mags between the carbine and my standard G17.

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The QC10 lower works with any standard ar 15 upper.  Thier BCG, also JP makes one that is glock mag ready.  You can buy a standard 9mm bolt and have it sent to ADCO and they mill it down for glock mags.

Also check out the FAQ part of thier website it may be of some help.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I run GSF QC10 upper with VLTOR MUR upper though as mentioned above any standard upper will work. You can also use any 9mm BCG though you will want it ramped and cut for the Glock mags. JPE makes a bolt ready right out of the box. I run all factory Glock mags and have had no issues with this setup.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#3]
QC10 all day every day
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#4]
QC10 lowers are awesome.  Mine is becoming my first SBR.  The off the shelf Macon Armory 9mm blowback uppers are made to work with these.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 for both QC10 and Macon Armory. Both have been fantastic to do business with.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Very pleased with my Lone Wolf lower.  I used a Model 1 upper built the way I wanted it and had the bolt modified by ADCO. LW will not work with Olympic Arms uppers or Korean 33 round mags.  Found out the hard way on the 33 rounder but now I see they have it listed in their product description.  Can't speak to the QC10 as I don't own one.  The LW assembly works great.
Good luck,
Scott
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top