Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 3:59:33 PM EDT
I have an Model 1 Sales 22 LR barrel without the collar.  Can I use the CMMG stainless collar on this barrel for a dedicated 22 AR-15 build ?  Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have an Model 1 Sales 22 LR barrel without the collar.  Can I use the CMMG stainless collar on this barrel for a dedicated 22 AR-15 build ?  Thank you.
View Quote

I don't have any experience with Model 1 Sales, but looking at photos of their barrels and bolt groups they appear to look similar to those sold by Ceiner, CMMG, Spike's Tactical, TACCOM, Tactical Solutions, WMD, etc (not saying they're all of equal quality/craftsmanship).

So I'd imagine that any of those bolts with the collar for a .22LR barrel (not the 5.56 to .22LR conversion collar) should work. I know that Tim @ Taccom matches the bolt collar to the barrel (at least he did on mine) so you might need to clean up where the feed ramp on the collar meets the chamber on the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The Model 1 sales with Ciener bolt and collar use .500 diameter barrel.  The CMMG, TACCOM use.460 barrel so the collars are not interchangeable.  You can't use the CMMG SS collar unless you enlarge the opening.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#3]
You would likely have to blend the feed ramp to the barrel chamber also.

Dave N
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Model 1 sales with Ciener bolt and collar use .500 diameter barrel.  The CMMG, TACCOM use.460 barrel so the collars are not interchangeable.  You can't use the CMMG SS collar unless you enlarge the opening.
View Quote

Good to know. Would be nice to have a thread specific to .22LR bolts/barrels/conversion kits with compatibility between parts etc to sticky in this section.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#5]
TACCOM barrel Collars are for .500 Dia......just an FYI

Tim
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:10:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TACCOM barrel Collars are for .500 Dia......just an FYI

Tim
View Quote

Sorry Tim for giving the wrong info, fortunately most new barrels come with a collar.    I guess I just had another Senior moment, to bad these happen more frequently.    
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top