Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2015 9:22:47 PM EDT
These DPMS BA-22 complete uppers tend to sell for around $400. If I didn't already have one, I would be all over this for $260 shipped!
http://grabagun.com/panther-arms-ba22-16-upper-22.html
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks OP, in for one

Note that the $5.99 shipping is ONLY for firearms, bit steep for others - $14 to CO, but still a decent price (~$268 shipped) it seems, so I bit.

Richard
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Took them almost a week to get the upper out the door, but UPS got it here fairly quickly.  Shipped adult signature required, which could have been a PITA, but I lucked out and was home when UPS first tried.  

Looks like a very nice quality unit *BUT* it's definitely less "standard" than the Chiappa...  Seems like a similar design to the Atchisson-style that CMMG, Chiappa, etc uses but with the non-moving pieces machined into the upper instead.  So the rails the blowback bolt slides along are actually part of the upper.  While the Chiappa can (and has by some ARFCOM'ers) be swapped into a standard upper, you're stuck with this bad boy.  Well I suppose you could use the barrel but none of the rest of the conversion looks like it will work in a standard upper.  As advertised, a heavy bull barrel, no FSB, no FH or even threading for one.  Honestly the whole thing looks nicely built and worth the price of admission, but do be aware it's NOT a "standard" .22LR upper from what I can tell.  

It'll probably sit for a while before I have use for it, so no promises on a range report any time soon, but thanks again to the OP and a tentative thumbs up for anyone on the fence (though I understand they were OOS as of recently).

Richard
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
That DPMS Bull Barrel Upper is a killer with CCI Stingers if you can find any.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered the AP4 model last week to use as another suppressor host, plus I've had a lower built for over a month with nothing to put on it.  Seemed like a good deal and reviews were postive. Ordered it last week from grabagun, finally shipped yesterday and is supposed to arrive on Monday.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:21:40 AM EDT
[#5]
They are long gone...no deal like that lasts...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I hope your bull barrel DPMS 22 LR upper shoots as good as mine.  I have one of the first generation DPMS Bull barrel uppers I put on a dedicated lower with a RRA NM LPK.   MY bull barrel shoots almost as good as my bolt action Savage but my DPMS doesn't always cycle standard velocity ammo.   With Aguila 40 grain plated Super Extra or 40 grain lead Blazers it still my best shooting 22 AR-15.  Kind of sucks I shot the last of my Aguila Super Extra ammo and haven't found any to buy in about 4-5 years.   At least I conserved a couple bricks of Blazers out of the lot that shot good in my DPMS.  To think I blasted through all that 22 ammo years ago and never considered it would be so hard to find later.                  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Picked up my upper yesterday, put a cheap red dot on and went to the range today just to see how it runs. Put about 300rnds thru it with no problems. Ran Winchester HV, Winchester bulk, Thunderbolts, Golden Bullets, American Eagle, Blazer and CCI SV.  TRS25, riser & MBUS should be here this week so hopefully I can get back out next weekend with a better setup and check on accuracy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#8]
the DMPS and JPNC22 both run on the Nordic bolt system and it probably one of the most reliable AR22 bolt systems out there. I have the DMPS and JPNC rifles and they rock
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top