Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2014 10:30:06 PM EDT
After seeing peeps on youtube like plinkster22 and bigshooterist turn their M&P1522 into bumpfire 22's with the slidefire stock and CMC trigger I decided that I'd do the same to mine. I bought and installed both the trigger and stock, but problem is the thing won't bumpfire. I didn't have much variety of ammo to try it out as it is still hard to find where I am at, so all I had was some bulk stuff and some standard velocity cci. Neither would work. Looking for any suggestions or ideas-if anyone has some I'm all ears.
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Junk the slidefire and do it the old fashion way.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:03:46 AM EDT
[#2]
You need a very short reset on the trigger and good hot ammo with good technique to get long burst.  A friend uses CCI Tactical 22 High Velocity and Armscor High Velocity for long strings of fire.  You really have to use forward pressure on the forearm to get a burst.  It takes a couple of tries with good ammo to get burst.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:05:19 AM EDT
[#3]
You might need one of those muzzle device that increase the recoil since 22 doesn't have much.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Junk the slidefire and do it the old fashion way.
View Quote

True, but seeing as I already bought it I'd like to get it to work.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You need a very short reset on the trigger and good hot ammo with good technique to get long burst.  A friend uses CCI Tactical 22 High Velocity and Armscor High Velocity for long strings of fire.  You really have to use forward pressure on the forearm to get a burst.  It takes a couple of tries with good ammo to get burst.
View Quote

Yeah I am thinking I need some HV stuff to try out. As far as trigger is concerned, the reset is pretty short with little takeup and is only 3lbs. Thanks for your suggestions.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You might need one of those muzzle device that increase the recoil since 22 doesn't have much.
View Quote

Yeah I see that the guy from wheaton arms makes one. Also wondering if maybe a can on the end will increase the back pressure enough to make it work too. Thanks for the suggestion.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah I am thinking I need some HV stuff to try out. As far as trigger is concerned, the reset is pretty short with little takeup and is only 3lbs. Thanks for your suggestions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went through the same trials. I used a 3 lb jard adjustable trigger.

Originally setting a very short reset I would only get two rounds at max. I finally adjusted some slop in the reset and it started working. Also grab the rifle and pull at the magwell.

With the above stated, I've never needed any special muzzle device, or ammo. I can even shoot subs and use heavy optics. (Eotech with magnifier) and it runs like a sewing machine.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top