Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2013 6:34:30 PM EDT

I was trying to get my twins' 22 ar's ready for an Appleseed shoot in a couple of weeks.  Since they teach prone and some other non standing fireing positions I wanted to get them some shorter magazines so they wouldn't pick up the using the standard size mag as a monopod training scar.  

These dedicated 22 ar's have the cmmg bolt hold open adapter on them so I would really like to have cmmg mags that support this feature.  For the life of me I can not find any of the cmmg 10 rounders.  Does anyone have a lead on where these might be available or worst case have a recommendation of another manufacturer that would work (without bhoa)

Thanks in advance for the advice

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, they made 3 different versions, two of which were supposed to operate the BHOA, but didn't work consistently.
Now CMMG has another version with no release date.

Get BDM 10 round mags and call it a day. Won't operate the BHOA, but then neither did the CMMG's.

You can use the BHOA to manually lock the bolt back.

Dave N
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the Black Dog's.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]
This plus this = pure win!

Unfortunately the mags are hard to find right now but that setup is the best of both worlds.  No fuss bolt hold open, reliable and easy loading mags.  It works great!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top