Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2013 10:38:42 PM EDT
I bought a CMMG upper a weekend ago and Ive shot it twice so far (maybe 200 rounds total through it?).
Ive had several rounds feed fine but not fire. They had little dents in the rim so I assume that is just due to being cheap ammo.
However, I had a few FTF instances where the round got stuck vertical or some weird position. I had one that seemed to double feed or FTE because my friend charged it with a round in and when I looked there was a round in the barrel and one trying to go in behind it. Easy enough to clear but annoying to have it happening often.

Is this normal for .22 or is something wrong? Break in maybe? Its a stainless bolt and I cleaned it pretty well, so I thought, before both trips to the range.
The 5.56 I built has been absolutely flawless after the first mag or two through it. Several hundred shots with it and not a single jam, FTF, FTE or anything. I would love to get the .22 as reliable, or at least close.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:39:43 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/526872_How_to_make_your_AR_22_run_smoother_NOW_with_pictures.html
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#2]
How to smooth up your .22 AR action and make it run better

Made it a "hot link" for ease of finding it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:19:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Fist thing to check: See if your hammer is hitting your bolt stop...very common.

Tim
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:40:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I had identical issues on mine after I got it. I threw in the Taccom3g Reliability kit (Enhance Firing Pin, Pressure Plug and Extreme Extractor) and my problems went away. Well worth the $37. I am not sure which part I changed out was the issue but adding the kit solved my issue.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top