Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2013 4:40:30 AM EDT
Anyone run this? Would like to see what a 15" rail looks like on the 15-22 since the barrel is slightly shorter than an AR 16". I would use the Tacticool 22 barrel nut conversion.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Factoring the length of the flash hider, the end of it would protrude about an inch out of the tube
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Factoring the length of the flash hider, the end of it would protrude about an inch out of the tube
View Quote

Maybe.  The 15" Lancer carbon fiber handguard is over 16" in total length on the 308 version and dedicated 22 barrels are set back into the receiver a couple inches.  Not much sense in using a flash hider on a 22lr anyway.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone run this? Would like to see what a 15" rail looks like on the 15-22 since the barrel is slightly shorter than an AR 16".
I would use the Tacticool 22 barrel nut conversion.
View Quote

My Spikes ST-22 upper has a 16" m4 profile barrel. from bolt face to the end of the A2 flash hider it measures 17 5/8"
Measuring from the rear of the delta nut assy puts the end of a 15" tube right at the start of the bird cage.
The look would resemble this......

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#4]
+1

cmmg dedicated upper with a midwest industries extended rifle 15" rail with a gemtech alpine

with a yhm 5c2 flash/comp

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:13:58 AM EDT
[#5]
[div style='text-align: center;']Saw your post on the S&W MP 15-22 forum too...
Seems to me that would make that gun heavy on the barrel end,
I know the free float YHM 12" rail I put on my a/r did, jus saying...

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[div style='text-align: center;']Saw your post on the S&W MP 15-22 forum too...
Seems to me that would make that gun heavy on the barrel end,
I know the free float LMT 12" rail I put on my a/r did, jus saying...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/uryIWqWLbKlzIY4JofT1lsRadJevvTomRj8QlaOCOFk=w1214-h581-no
View Quote

Doh! Yeah, didn't get a lot of feedback there. Not a lot of guys swapping rails over there...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#7]
My PRS on my long range lower keeps mine nicely balanced. Weight was not a concern for me but def worth considering depending on your POU. The dims do work for your original post, good luck
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top