Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/23/2013 5:14:56 PM EDT
I finally got my weapon built, but i have some concerns with the BHO. On bolt lockback, the bolt release is super stiff. I am able to place weapon into battery, but it takes much more force than my other ar15s. Also, when i flip my gun upside down and rack the bolt via the charging handle, the BHO activates. Does anyone else have these issues.

I have not taken the gun out to the range yet. Can i put in a regular BHO spring instead of using the DDLES supplied spring?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Glock lower?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep forgot that part. Glock small frame lower.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:45:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe DD uses a reduced power bho spring due to the design of the actuator
arm.  I thought about replacing mine too when my bolt would lock back after every
other round, but was advised by DD not to.

I'd put a few mags through it and see if it works before changing the spring.  

IMO, that is the Achilles heel of their glock mag lower, so I sold it and picked up their
colt pattern.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:14:45 AM EDT
[#4]
First lower i used had a stock BHO spring & it would not alow the glock mag to actuate the BHO. They sent me a lighter spring & I was in business. Sounds like there is alot of pressure against the BHO. Is this for a blowback with a heavy power spring? As for engaging upside down never tried it but the way it is set up I could see it happening. Mabe streach the BHO spring just a little
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First lower i used had a stock BHO spring & it would not alow the glock mag to actuate the BHO. They sent me a lighter spring & I was in business. Sounds like there is alot of pressure against the BHO. Is this for a blowback with a heavy power spring? As for engaging upside down never tried it but the way it is set up I could see it happening. Mabe streach the BHO spring just a little
View Quote

I now have a standard car spring with spikes tactical stx-9 buffer on it. My gunsmith said that the gun would not cycle reliably with a heavy spring and the spikes buffer.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top