Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2013 1:48:38 PM EDT
This is a brand new conversion I just received; haven't fired it yet...

Does anyone else think this feed ramp and chamber looks funny and may cause problems?

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks kind of off center. What brand is it, CMMG? If it's new, I'd try to shoot/feed it and see what happens.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm planning to shoot it this weekend and see how it works...

I'm also going to email those pics to the manufacturer and see what they have to say.

I bought 2 straight from them and BOTH look the same.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Looks kind of off center. What brand is it, CMMG? If it's new, I'd try to shoot/feed it and see what happens.

Target Master brand.  May just be a fluke, so we'll see how they work and what they have to say about them.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Typical from them on the chamber inserts.....it will probably work, just does'nt look good.

TIm
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#7]

I'd have to grind/reprofile the ramp to make it look right...

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd have to grind/reprofile the ramp to make it look right...  

Not GRIND..

Polish...
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I polished the ramps up last night.  I also took a few minutes to modify the extractor cut to give me live round extraction.

They seem to cycle fine by hand...  I was planning to shoot them today but it's snowing so I'll probably wait until tomorrow.

I did get a reply from Edward Vance, the manufacturer.  He says they machine their feed ramps on an angle like that since they've found feeding is more reliable with that shape.

I'm not entirely sure I believe that, but I'll reserve judgement until I see how they actually work.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top