Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/18/2012 4:23:46 AM EDT
Anybody know anything about the Velocity Firearms .22 uppers and barrel kits? http://velocityfirearms.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12
When I first looked at the price I thought it was Chiappa but when I looked at the images the barrel and bolt look more like CMMG.  A  Teflon coating over electroless nickle looks interesting.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:38:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Stick with CMMG.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Stick with CMMG.

dupe delete
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I must not be in touch with all the young peoples lingo. What does dupe delete mean?  Thanks
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like an interesting option.
Particularly the pistol length option and the plain barrel/bolt kit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I must not be in touch with all the young peoples lingo. What does dupe delete mean?  Thanks

Duplicate/delete because it was a duplicate

From what I understand, the Velocity Arms bcg's are working well.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Duplicate/delete because it was a duplicate

From what I understand, the Velocity Arms bcg's are working well.

I think someone here had a Taccom upper using Velocity Arm's bcg (can't find the thread atm). The Velocity Arm's bcg worked really well.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#7]
taccom collars are Velocity
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, fair is fair. In the past we have not heard great things about Velocity Arms. If that has changed and they are making better stuff that actually works then its only fair that we hear about that. So, if anyone has first hand experience with them, please speak up so the group can know how they are doing.

My problem is that I look up their listed address on Google or Yahoo maps and I don't see much of anything there. That worries me. Maybe someone can help with that one also.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I can help.....Velocity is up in the Boonies north of Duluth, MN. There is not much there. I used to actually live up in that area.....and it is beautiful. I do know that they just built anew facility.

As for TACCOM using Velocity bolts.....the short answer is yes, the long is that we do add our components to the bolt and one other minor little tweak.

Of all the bolts I've used, it appears that the Velocity has the most promise out there. I really like the Nickel Plating......little or no lube is required.

I've been working with Velocity for about 6 months now and thigns are coming together smoothly. I really don't know much about them prior to TACCOM getting involved, but they are a very pleasant company to work with.

Tim
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top