Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2012 5:23:42 AM EDT
I have a RRA lower for 223 that I want to convert for use with a 9mm upper.
What all has to be changed on my lower to run a 9mm upper?

Thanks much
VonBarky
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:34:27 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are using a ramped bolt carrier, then the only thing on the lower that has to be swapped is the buffer.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:52:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I always keep the heavier 9mm buffer in my lower since it works just fine for 5.56.  That way all I have to do is add the mag blocks when I want to shoot 9mm.

-bob
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:53:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Regardless of whether the bolt is ramped, the minimum you would have to do is add a mag block.  If you have a hammer that is notched, you may also have to replace  it with a round top style.  You can run with a std. car buffer, but you may want to opt for a ~5 oz or heavier 9mm buffer depending on what kind of ammo you are shooting.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top