Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/29/2012 4:31:02 AM EDT
Just ordered a Spike's ST-9X 9mm buffer from AIM Surplus for my RRA yesterday, today I went to Spike's website to take another look at it and it's not there, they only show the T2 buffer and spacer combo for 9mms. Is the 9X discontinued? I've had no failures with my RRA 9mm buffer & standard spring shooting light 115 gr reloads, but I needed a heavier buffer for my 7.62x39 upper so I thought I'd just steal the RRA buffer and replace it with the longer 9X. I understand it's probably cheaper to make a spacer than a longer buffer but the 9X weighs around 8.5oz, the RRA about 5.4oz and Spike's T2 is 4oz plus whatever the weight of the spacer is. Anyone know how heavy that spacer is? Anyone used a 9X reliably with light 9mm loads?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#1]
The 9X was replaced by the ST-9BS and ST-T2 according to this thread: http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=2&f=282&t=174657

I got a T2 and it runs great in my 9mm and 223.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link, I did some searching but never came across that thread. Now I'm kinda glad I grabbed a 9X while they were still available.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top