Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/4/2012 6:23:18 AM EDT
http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/01/18/introducing-cci-quiet-22-lr/

I am currently trying to find some of this stuff instock somewhere to try it out in my 22lr AR.   Any thoughts on how it is going to work?  

I realize that as with any ammo I will have to just try it out and see if my rig will cycle it without problems but Im mostly concerned that it isn't copper washed, it is a round lead nose and I have heard that those tend to not run very well in semi autos.  

Should i expect a ridiculous amount of lead fouling if it even feeds right?

Anyone try this yet?
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 6:59:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Never used it but I have used CCI subs. Cycled fine in my CMMG. It will gum up faster than copper wash but the CCI isn't as bad as many.
Wolf MT is very quiet and accurate at the same time through a suppressor.
Dave N
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 7:10:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Just cheked Midway-said expected in stock 2/22 B/O ok.

midway link

It's not primer only but I think it's like the CB's that I've used. quiet but not for semiatos. They are lead, I don't think the fouling would be bad if your not shooting thousands of 'em. Reg cleaning should do the trick.

"This quite round produces a report that is 1/4 the perceived noise level compared to standard velocity 22 Long Rifle Rounds making this round perfect for backyard plinking, youth shooting, or shooting in areas where noise may be a concern. This round is ideal for bolt-action and single shot rifles (but is perfectly safe in semi-automatics). "

I've got 'em backorder myself.  It's only a few weeks away, In the meantime,I'll have to keep an eye out at Wallyworld and other local fun stores for 'em myself.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be amazed if these will cycle in a semi, especially an AR.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#4]
just tried to shoot some in a bolt gun.  They didn't fire.  Just dented rims. They are going back to CCI.  The CB Longs shot fine.  Both are lead bullets.  The Quiet LR is 40gr and the CB Long is 29gr.  Saw a post where one guy said they ran in his 10/22.  Regular WW subsonics will not reliably cycle the bolts in my 10/22's.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up a brick at the gun show to try. In the 10/22 they move the bolt maybe a quarter of an inch. Its a 1968 10/22 with a whole lot of rounds through it, so i figure if it doesn't work in that then you will have a hard time cycling it in anything else. In my CZ 452s they are pretty good. They drop pretty readily and in order to hit the one inch spinner ill have to re zero at 25 yards. Out of my CZ 452 trainer with a 25 inch barrel its really really quiet. I can eve hear the firing pin and a decent length of time between click and the spinner getting hit. Accuracy seems fine but i have bench tested it on paper yet. Only reason I got it is that when it gets cold out my CCI standard goes super sonic and I try to keep things quiet for the very distant neighbors out of courtesy so I figured I can use this then. It does seem a little bit dirtier than CCI Standard. Maybe they used bigger primers like they do in CB rounds. The bullet doesn't look quite like the CCI standard one. Interesting. Anyway, over all its good as long as you know its just a quieter CCI standard(which is already pretty quiet).
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Ron Williams fired a few yesterday in his 5", suppressed (With a Clint Beyer 1:9" twist barrel).
It didn't cycle. Ron then fired 1 at a time and had concerns that a bullet might get stuck. Super
quiet but really a 22 short in disguise. Ron wondered if they were running on the primer only.

Dave S
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I almost got a brick......glad I didnt. Stick with what works.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top