Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2012 1:31:15 PM EDT
I'm looking to get into the 45 acp AR game, and the current website shows a product improved billet lower for sale. Is this current, or vaporware? I'd prefer to just buy the whole rile with the DI upper from there if it is.

Link:

http://bazookabrothers.com/products1.htm
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm looking to get into the 45 acp AR game, and the current website shows a product improved billet lower for sale. Is this current, or vaporware? I'd prefer to just buy the whole rile with the DI upper from there if it is.

Link:

http://bazookabrothers.com/products1.htm

Yes that ts the current model. Yes it a billet lower and yes it can be built with a RMW Extreme DI upper  
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
It requires modifying the mags, not sure what the modification is.  Look into the stripped lowers from CNC Gunsmithing.  Pricey, but I prefer to be able to use 'stock' mags.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It requires modifying the mags, not sure what the modification is.  Look into the stripped lowers from CNC Gunsmithing.  Pricey, but I prefer to be able to use 'stock' mags.

Really? I hadn't heard that. What kind of mods?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe it has something to do with the mag release.  Maybe cutting a notch?  

$412 shipped and insured for the lower

$60-100 for an lpk

$50-60 for a buffer assembly kit

$700 and up depending on what you what from ronaldwilliams or others

You can get out cheaper with the CNCguns lower, have the upper made how you want it and not have to modify mags.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#5]
bump for more info.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

$60-100 for an lpk

You can get out cheaper with the CNCguns lower, have the upper made how you want it and not have to modify mags.

I'm not quite sure whose lower  the quote is for. The BAZ45 lower with one magazine,  LPK and 6 position CAR stock runs $525 plus shipping. Extra  Magazines can be purchased
for $25 already notched. The mags are notched because BAZ45 uses all standard LPK ( magazine catch)  no need for non-standard parts. When used with the RMW Extreme 45acp DI upper no special buffers are required.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

$60-100 for an lpk

I'm not quite sure whose lower  the quote is for. The BAZ45 lower with one magazine,  LPK and 6 position CAR stock runs $525 plus shipping. Extra  Magazines can be purchased
for $25 already notched. The mags are notched because BAZ45 uses all standard LPK ( magazine catch)  no need for non-standard parts. When used with the RMW Extreme 45acp DI upper no special buffers are required.  

The price I quoted is for a CNC Guns stripped lower.  They machined a mag release that replaces the standard AR release to be used with unmodified GG mags.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top