Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2011 8:10:46 PM EDT
Title says it all. I'm not looking for a conversion. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22, with the slight differences of slightly shorter charging handle throw, bolt release slightly farther forward, and no forward assist.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Based on my searching, that was the conclusion I came to as well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:22:38 AM EDT
[#3]
CMMG with the bells and whistle.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:44:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

very nice! thank you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:04:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If y'all don't mind me jumping in here, what CMMG setup are you talking about? I'm interested in the
same thing the original poster is. I want a .22 AR and have been looking at the S&W M&P 15-22.
I have now started looking at the CMMG dedicated upper too. I have several spare M4 stocks and
I was planning on buying a lower($60), lower parts kit w/rounded hammer($64) and a buffer tube($20).
Assemble the lower and then buy the CMMG upper and drop it on. Am I overlooking anything here?
I can build this setup for around $500(no mags and no rear sight). The S&W is going to be around
$500, so I'm thinking the CMMG is the way to go. Only thing I'm wondering is what options need to be
included on the CMMG upper when ordering to make it as close to a 5.56 AR as possible.

Thanks,
ARKAR

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:55:57 AM EDT
[#6]
The S&W seems to be a fine rifle. I haven't fired one but others here really like the ones they have.
It would certainly be light. If I was into small game and had to carry one all day it would be my choice.

CMMG on the other hand will look, feel and function exactly like your AR-15. That has it's advantages.
For me, it allows me to use any of the lowers I have. I get actual light fire experience on each. I can take
two complete rifles if I want or I can take just one lower to run with 2 or more uppers. All the CMMG's I
have are upgraded to Stainless Steel Bolt Assemblies, I Love that fact. They look great and shoot that
well too...

The final choice is yours.

Good Luck whichever way you decide to go....

Dave S
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top