Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2011 8:40:09 AM EDT

Woo boy...

The best part is that he's got his weapon on AUTO, too...

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#1]

but any more pics info?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#2]
IBFTC15H
(In before the carbon 15 haters)
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it.....

I have also onned a few of the carbon guns and never had issues with them...still own a carbon 15 pistol that I SBR'd.

So there.......
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The carbon15 upper/lower doesn't seem as weird as the junk 9mm promag magazines they are using.

You would think that Bushmaster would include quality magazines (read: metalform) with a military contract. I guess not...
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I like it.....

I have also onned a few of the carbon guns and never had issues with them...still own a carbon 15 pistol that I SBR'd.

So there.......

Me too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:30:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Wonder if the troops bitch about that magazine as much as we do? Poor choice for front line soldiers. If I had to guess, some asshole who sits behind a desk and fights against the copy machine is the clown who got a swinging deal on Pro Mag's and bought them by the ton for a good price. I'd go so far to bet he got an award for saving the govt. money on mags. Now Pro Mag can bost they are the "Magazine of choice for Special Forces around the Globe".
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:42:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess this makes the Carbon 15 milspec*, huh?

~Augee

*albeit, Peruvian "milspec".  
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:05:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#9]
What kind of mount is the Reflex riding on?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:26:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
YHM buis.

And a POF HG?  Or is that the new C15 HG?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:34:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

YHM buis.

That's installed backwards?

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:57:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
YHM buis.

That's installed backwards?

No, it's installed correctly. The windage adjustment knob is on the right side.

Here is one that is installed backwards:

http://www.usaammo.com/AR-Lite-P869.aspx

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:51:09 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm really enjoying all the armchair commandos here.

That soldier in the picture has probably more training, been on more missions, been shot at himself and has fired that weapon in anger more then 100 of you combined.  So what if it has YHM BUIS and so what if it has a plastic promag (maybe it works with weapon, I don't know).

My comment was out of line and has been deleted.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That soldier in the picture has probably more training, been on more missions, been shot at himself and has fired that weapon in anger more then 100 of you combined.  So what if it has YHM BUIS and so what if it has a plastic promag (maybe it works with weapon, I don't know).

He could probably kick the living shit if not outright kill half the fat asses commenting on his gear.

Relax guy.  This isn't general discussion so leave the personal insults out.  This is a technical forum so of course we're going to discuss the equipment.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:24:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wonder if the troops bitch about that magazine as much as we do? Poor choice for front line soldiers. If I had to guess, some asshole who sits behind a desk and fights against the copy machine is the clown who got a swinging deal on Pro Mag's and bought them by the ton for a good price. I'd go so far to bet he got an award for saving the govt. money on mags. Now Pro Mag can bost they are the "Magazine of choice for Special Forces around the Globe".

I agree the promags are very flimsy feeling and so light that they feel very cheap....BUT, the last 9mm AR I had absolutely loved them....they feed just fine and locked the bolt back every time.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He could probably kick the living shit if not outright kill half the fat asses commenting on his gear.

Me thinkest thou protests too much - or rather - I think you are mistaken our comments.  Nobody is questioning the abilities of the young lad in the picture.  He has earned the right to wear his badges in blood, sweat and tears.  What is being questioned is the selection and purchase of his equipment and the decision making process in his CoC.  Note that other weapons in this caliber tend to be favored by respected organizations (22 SAS, GIGN, GSG9, KSG, DEVGRU, CAG, etc).  The MP5 comes to mind - for its reliability and accuracy for one (it has proven itself on numerous occasions).  As one poster pointed out, likely some RE procurement guy whose idea of "combat" is shoving his way to front of the chow line when a new batch of donuts comes out of the fryer...  unfortunately, not all CoC allow the ones who go in harms way to influence the procurement process, meaning that the ones who get wined and dined get to make the decision (and as mentioned, get commendations for saving money) while the guy in the picture has to grit his teeth and find a way to make the gear that he got work in the way he needs it to....

Case in point, few months ago I watched a group of officers from Oz get the star treatment locally, all decked out in their dress whites, while the Sgt had to sit at another table, in his BDUs.  Yet he is the one who will have to live with the decision and make it work so it doesn't get folks killed.  There was a reason he had a rather sullen look on his face...  Saw them for a week at a top hotel on the VIP floor, enjoying the food and beverages while in the company of a local host...
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:04:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree the promags are very flimsy feeling and so light that they feel very cheap....BUT, the last 9mm AR I had absolutely loved them....they feed just fine and locked the bolt back every time.

I have some Pro-Mags I got in a deal, they were not  my first choice!  Surprisingly enough they actually work just fine in my 9mm AR's. I don't see them lasting a long-long time but for occasional range work they actually perform OK.  They would not be my choice for "professional use" as we know how much that gear gets banged around in the field and the light plastic in those mags might not hold up.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm sure the c15 is lighter than a comparable alum gun, but I think I'd opt for metal lower and metal mags and do away with the bulk of the railed forend/top rail combo and go with mbus and an aimpoint micro.  End result should be a gun that is comparable in weight and 'better'...afaiac...

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#20]
They have a few there, when I was at SITDEF in Lima in May they had a display outside with current military gear. TRG22, SSG69,Blaser LR, Galils, FALs, AKMs, Vector SS77, MAG58s, MP5, F2000, BM Carbon15. But they only have a few Peru buys small lots of weapons at a time they are testing our newest FAL, LWRC REPR, HK416/7, SCAR L/H, Galil Ace and AUG A3s right now for possible adoption. We will most likely sell them rebuilds kits for all there FALs we do this for many countries. I dont think they will be buying any M4 type rifles excpet for small details. We offered them M4 they were not not interested in M4s from anyone.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They have a few there, when I was at SITDEF in Lima in May they had a display outside with current military gear. TRG22, SSG69,Blaser LR, Galils, FALs, AKMs, Vector SS77, MAG58s, MP5, F2000, BM Carbon15. But they only have a few Peru buys small lots of weapons at a time they are testing our newest FAL, LWRC REPR, HK416/7, SCAR L/H, Galil Ace and AUG A3s right now for possible adoption. We will most likely sell them rebuilds kits for all there FALs we do this for many countries. I dont think they will be buying any M4 type rifles excpet for small details. We offered them M4 they were not not interested in M4s from anyone.

Too much invested in the FALs?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top