Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2011 6:08:37 PM EDT
I'm still waiting for my Form 1, but then I'll complete my Mk18 Mod 0 clone. I've decided that I want a dedicated .22 upper, set up the same way. However, I have yet to find what I'm looking for. Anyone know if some company makes this, or will I have to have it built?

Picture for reference.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen some SBR barrels but those seem to be 5.5 or 7.5. I havent seen a complete 10.5 .22 upper. I just emailed CMMG a day or two ago to ask if they mad e a10.5 and they said no, but we will cut it down for you for $120. Once my upper comes in I will probably be sending it to Kendra at (I think its called) Tactical Turtle as long as they cut them from the bore and not from the out side of barrel. She quoted me $55 for everything including shipping.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=338

I would ask how long the barrel actually is. An 11.5" .22 barrel would be approximately 10" from the receiver.
Dave N
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Shadow what all companies make .22 barrels? I have found CMMG and then the Model 1 you just posted. CMMG has much better pricing haha.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Not that many are making .22 barrels, especially in the price range of CMMG. There are custom barrel makers like Clint Beyer but it will cost you more.
I would buy the CMMG barrel/bcg/collar, then send the barrel to Tactical Turtle for a cut/crown/thread.
Dave N
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats the route I am going. Thanks for the quick reply on the IM
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#6]
model 1 sales has the 10.5" 22lr mk18 look you are looking for. You can buy the barrel by itself.

http://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=404

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:41:48 AM EDT
[#7]
It's listed as an 11.5". That's why I stated to call.
If you use the M 1 you will also have to use at a minimum, their adapter. CMMG will not work.
Dave N
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:46:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Why not just use a "drop-in" kit and a cheap 10.5" barrel?  

This is probably the direction I will go with my CQBR "dedicated" .22.  For a training and "fun" gun, I don't think the drop-in will be too much different, plus you have a "spare" 5.56 upper if you needed it.  It could still be "dedicated," for the type of practice that I think a dedicated .22lr would be good for, I don't think the slight accuracy difference of a drop-in versus a fixed chamber insert would be too big of a deal.  

~Augee
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top