Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 7:30:14 AM EDT
I read an article yesterday that talked about paying the $200 and getting a registered lower receiver.  I think it was about having a lower that one can legally put a short barrel upper on.

What does this ,mean?  Can I send in my serial number and register my lower so I can use short barrels on it?  Anyone have info on this topic?  I would like to have a short barrel AR to use as an entry weapon.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:51:39 AM EDT
[#2]
If barrel is less than 16", and OAL is 26", you have a SBR. $200 tax, Form 1, 2-4 months, etc.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:52:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of the time when someone say's " registered receiver". they mean a M-16, or full  auto
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top