Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 10:16:37 PM EDT
What if any performance upgrade am I gonna see from putting a good comp on my AR22? 16in
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
None really.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Aw, I have a spare and don't know what to do with it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]
If it makes your .22 look good, put it on. You could also save it for another build.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:00:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, it protects the threads when you're not using a suppressor...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep - I've got a few flash hiders on .22 barrels, just for the thread-protector thing.

Well - that and so the barrel is long enough to reach the rack in my gun safe.  Seriously, what kind of company makes a safe and then puts the rack high up enough that a rifle with a 16" barrel doesn't reach it?  A 10/22 with the barrel chopped to 16" wouldn't reach.  A Marlin Camp 45 wouldn't reach it.  I think an AR15 with an A1 stock wouldn't reach it without a FH or brake.  

But I'm getting off subject here...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:12:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep - I've got a few flash hiders on .22 barrels, just for the thread-protector thing.

Well - that and so the barrel is long enough to reach the rack in my gun safe.  Seriously, what kind of company makes a safe and then puts the rack high up enough that a rifle with a 16" barrel doesn't reach it?  A 10/22 with the barrel chopped to 16" wouldn't reach.  A Marlin Camp 45 wouldn't reach it.  I think an AR15 with an A1 stock wouldn't reach it without a FH or brake.  

But I'm getting off subject here...

No joking. The only guns that fit well in my safe are 28in barrel shotguns, 30-06s, other "hunting" rifles. The only AR that fits properly is a 18in with the stock extended. At least if I ever buy a 50bmg I'll be okay.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:36:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been using a TacSol .22 break while running the CMMG Quebec. I can't really say it does much but the rifle has shot so well, I hate to take it off
http://www.tacticalsol.com/products/22-lr-conversions?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=61&category_id=19
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#8]
It's going to cut the recoil in half or more.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top