Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2009 5:29:14 PM EDT
I have been wanting a .22 conversion for a while. I wanted something fun to shoot, different, cheap, and something to get the kids introduced into AR's. I found the CMMG kit at the local gun shop for $200 so I took the plunge. Now I know I probably could have gotten it cheaper online, but it was there.
I went ahead and bought some Fed bulk to go along with the kit.

Went to the range and confirmed my zero using my 55 grain.
Installed my new .22 kit.
Straight forward. pull out your 5.56/.223 bolt(edit:BCG) and replace it with the CMMG unit. I went ahead and gave the new kit a heavy coat of CLP then started shooting.

Started out shooting at a typical M4 U.S. Army Zero Target. at 25 yds.
Groups were good. The largest about 1".   then moved it to a man sized pistol target at 100 yds. every rd landed within the target with the EOTech dot on the head. I didnt bother to measure the group at 100 yds, but they hit.

I ended up shooting about 300 rds today and I didnt have a single problem. No FTF, No FTE. nothing.

I was really impressed. Much Much better than my 10/22.

So all in all I have to say I love it. kudos to CMMG. quality kit. Quality company.
Now if it only came with stickers

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]
How tight does your kit fit?  Did it require alot of force to get in the upper or remove?
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the report but did you saying the bolt and 1-9/1-7 twist barrels shoots better than a 10/22?
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How tight does your kit fit?  Did it require alot of force to get in the upper or remove?

It fits like a normal BCG. It dropped right in. to get it out I would just have to pull back on the charging handle a couple times while shotgunned and it slid right out. no real force needed.

Quoted:
Thanks for the report but did you saying the bolt and 1-9/1-7 twist barrels shoots better than a 10/22?

OK OK... you got me. in all the excitement i made a accident while typing. I meant Bolt Carrier Group.
It functions better than my 10/22. could be ammo, could be quality, could be just a all around better overall product.... I dont know?   all i do know is I have a new go-to .22    
it takes no time to replace a BCG.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:22:33 AM EDT
[#4]
DPMS and Olympic barrels seem to have tight chambers causing conversion  chamber adapter difficult to insert.  I think CMMG had a few out of dimension chamber adapters  get out.  In either even CMMG has very good customer service and will help rectify any  problem.   Every CMMG conversion has been better than the 3 or 4 Ciener AR conversion kits I've been around let alone Ciener not having any customer service!  Friends don't let friends buy Ciener!  I have yet to be around a Ciener kit that we did not have to work on to get to function whether AR 15, Mini 14, 1911 or Glock.  I'm sure glad Ciener has got good competition now!

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top