Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2009 7:54:43 PM EDT
I also can't find the thread about polishing up and tuning the conversion.
I need it to work with CCI Minin Mags bad, but I cannot.
It picks up the first round ok but often will FTF then will FTE.
WTF?
It works flawlessly with federal bulk pack but I am all out of that ammo.
What to do???
I have tried polishing up the feed ramp some but I don't really think I did much.
Please advise.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=282&t=173040

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=282&t=168048

I can't find Fed bulk packs either, Eastern Shore Maryland, or Northern Virginia.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The more you shoot it, the wider variety of ammo it will digest.

How's the Walmart supply of Fed Bulk packs in FLA?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#4]
What Federal Bulk Packs in Florida?????????? Been 7 or 8 months since I've seen any on the Shelf.

All CCI's, they all work in mine.

Try Winchester 333's, they're almost as inaccurate as Federal Bulk. Just Joking. We have a Boat Load of the 333 here.

Seriously, the more you shoot the more variety it will eat.

Good Luck,
SpecOps-13 in Tampa Bay, Fl.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:57:25 AM EDT
[#6]
It's not the best deal, but Cabela's has 2,100 rounds for $84.99. They are backordered about a month, though. It may be best just to get yourself on the waiting list. When it shows up, it should keep you shooting for a bit while you're shopping around locally. It sucks to wait and pay a little more than Wal-Mart prices, but you save time and gas in not driving all over the damn place and coming up empty handed. YMMV.

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:30:38 AM EDT
[#7]
How's the Walmart supply of Fed Bulk packs in FLA

Have not seen it since March. I was up in NY.....of all places last month, bought 6 boxes for 15.00 each. Funny thing is, a state where you can hardly shoot has plenty of them. Go to gunbroker if you need that particular ammo, but your gonna pay for it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#8]
My local Walmarts have cases upon cases of the Fed bulk packs.

I would offer to pick some up and ship it to you but I don't know if you'd want to pay the shipping.  If it's worth it, drop me an IM.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Have not seen it since March. I was up in NY.....of all places last month, bought 6 boxes for 15.00 each. Funny thing is, a state where you can hardly shoot has plenty of them. Go to gunbroker if you need that particular ammo, but your gonna pay for it.

So going along with your experiences here's a funny observation I made. I live in central Ohio about 20 minutes form Columbus. Outside of Columbus, I have not seen any Fed Bulk for over a year. However, within Columbus the various Walmarts get it regularly (about three cases worth at a time) and they usually have it around for a week or so. Then it'll be another week until they have more.

So I guess the thing to try would be to go to your nearest largish city and find a Walmart within and maybe you might be lucky enough to find some Fed Bulk.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So going along with your experiences here's a funny observation I made. I live in central Ohio about 20 minutes form Columbus. Outside of Columbus, I have not seen any Fed Bulk for over a year. However, within Columbus the various Walmarts get it regularly (about three cases worth at a time) and they usually have it around for a week or so. Then it'll be another week until they have more.

So I guess the thing to try would be to go to your nearest largish city and find a Walmart within and maybe you might be lucky enough to find some Fed Bulk.

Not the case in or around the Queen City of Charlotte here.........

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I live in the middle of the SuperWalmart Triangle......3 giant stores within 6 or 7 miles of each other and nary a 22rd in sight. But the got oodles of 12 Ga.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#12]
The Walmarts in NW Louisiana have been well stocked with Federal bulk pack for about 2 months. My Ciener loves 'em.

jonblack
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#13]
North central TX Wal-Marts have been wells stocked with the bulk pack for a couple months.  They've even had 9mm lately.  In fact, today I found bunch of the Federal Auto-Match, but my st-22 no longer requires it. Road Trip?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#14]
here north of Kansas city every walmart has STACKS of 550 Federal packs and some 325 round boxes of the same.........if I didnt have a big ammo can stacked full of em I would be buying em up again.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
here north of Kansas city every walmart has STACKS of 550 Federal packs and some 325 round boxes of the same.........if I didnt have a big ammo can stacked full of em I would be buying em up again.

Howdy neighbor

I'm down South of the 435 circle and it's the same situation out here.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

My local Wallymarts have a couple 50-boxes of CCI's.

The just turned the closest one into a SUPER-Wallymart.  So naturally they had to eliminate the actual firearms.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:17:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Try Winchester 333's they have ran 100% for me along with the federal bulk packs.

I need to hit china mart and see if they have gotten ammo back in stock.

People used to shake their head yrs ago when i bought all the 22 value packs when i went to china mart.

But i have been able to shoot almost every day without any real concern about running out.

Speaking of which i gotta go get in some night fire in before the sun comes up i'll be back
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:28:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I checked with our local Wal Mart yesterday about .22s, because I've been looking for some CCI minimags.  The counter guy said we have bird shot and that's it.

They posted a list of calibers that they don't have any ammo for...nearly every pistol caliber.

They did have WWB .223 though.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top