Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2009 3:37:20 PM EDT
a few months ago i saw the S&W dedictaed 22lr ar not bad cost about five hundred dollars it had a composite upper , so when i went there this evening i saw th colt dedicated 22lr tactical M4 it was about seven hundred but with a meta l upper. so what do you think a composite or plastic upper or a metal upper
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
how bout a conversion?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered the S&W M&P .22.   The extra mags are already in, the rifle should be here any time.  I also have a spikes conversion.
I did not care for the "colt" branded version.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I would not purchase the branded Colts.
A 10/22 would be money much better spent
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#4]
here is one of my colt 22 conversion kits  NIB  never had any other kit work better,. too bad its just  10 round mags though

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Spikes Tactical, coversion or dedicated upper I wouldn't look at anything else this is the real deal.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL! This sight has always bashed the Colt dedicated .22. My son has over 3000 rounds through his and it has only hiccuped a few times....always with Remington ammo that sucks but this thing eats CCI mini-mags. BTW you can buy the OPS version for 550.00 online, their are companies on this site asking that much for an upper conversion alone... it also is quite accurate as it has a better barrel twist rate for .22 ammo. Is it 6920 quality??? Hell no but it costs half the amount.  Also you can buy the SW M4 online for 373.00  PM me if you would like the link. One other thing to consider is the Colt has an adjustable bolt carrier speed on it... it can shoot hyper velocity no problem.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:56:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Not bashing.  I had a GSG and it was fun and reliable.  I'm sure the Colt and S&W are the same way.  But for a lot of guys who already own an AR a Spikes(nickle plated) conversion will only be around $200 much less than the Colt or Smith(leaving a lot of room for mags and ammo) or a dedicated upper with proper barrel, and better quality even with Spikes "Low end" Green Mountain, will be about the same cost as a Colt and little more than the Smith but it will be a real AR that you can do with it what ever you would like in the future.  And with the Spikes you wont have to have a ten foot magazine sticking out of your rifle.

And lets not even get started on the best customer service in the industry.

P.S. I can shoot those Hypers as  well as a good selection of subsonic's(after adding the low power hammer spring) without adjusting anything.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:27:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LOL! This sight has always bashed the Colt dedicated .22. My son has over 3000 rounds through his and it has only hiccuped a few times....always with Remington ammo that sucks but this thing eats CCI mini-mags. BTW you can buy the OPS version for 550.00 online, their are companies on this site asking that much for an upper conversion alone... it also is quite accurate as it has a better barrel twist rate for .22 ammo. Is it 6920 quality??? Hell no but it costs half the amount.  Also you can buy the SW M4 online for 373.00  PM me if you would like the link. One other thing to consider is the Colt has an adjustable bolt carrier speed on it... it can shoot hyper velocity no problem.

We bash them because they're pot metal trash... didn't you see the pictures of some coming BROKEN new in box? Plus if you want to go the dedicated (rifle) route, the S&W takes normal AR-15 FCG parts, is cheaper, and has a lot better reviews (even the MagPul guys run them)
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Potmetal??? :) Have a good one! Enjoy your plastic upper...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey Charger I hear what your saying.... When it comes time for him to have a true AR I will buy him a 6920.... This is just a little something to get him warmed up:) He enjoys it immensely and that makes me happy as a Dad!  But for those that say the gun is shite, they have never shot one I guarantee!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Potmetal??? :) Have a good one! Enjoy your plastic upper...

Polymer... kinda like a pmag

Also, check out http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=124&t=178402&page=1
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I carry an FN57 daily I know GOOD polymer... Enjoy your rifle!  Also I looked at the provided link and their are some great mods for the SW I must admit. But as I mentioned earlier the Colt .22 is just a starter piece for him, (chosen by him) and by the grace of God and a lot of hard work I am fortunate enough to not have to worry about ammo or gun cost... I purchase and shoot what I want. Take Care, Asphyx
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top