Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 6:14:09 PM EDT
I did a search and could not find answers to my specific questions.

I want to buy a Spike's .22 Conversion bolt so that I can train for a fraction of the cost. I need mags that will be able to be dropped without breaking and be able to be dropped on the ground in dirt, etc. I don't plan on abusing the mags, but which of the two are more durable?

They both have BHO followers, right?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Absolutely +1. If you want them to work, you can't drop them. I've learned the pocket maneuver. Out, to the left pocket, in from the right pocket.

Spec
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:15:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Drop bag it is, then?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're running drills or IDPA/IPSC like courses of fire, you should be okay dropping mags out of the gun as long as the range surface is grass/dirt/pea gravel or something similarly "soft".  The mags will likely be falling on their base most of the time and as long as you don't step on them, they should be fine.  You can put some of the rubber magpulls on the bottoms or add some other kind of protection if you wish to help reduce the chances of damage to the mags.

If your range surface is concrete/asphalt or something similarly "hard", or you like to strip empty mags out and throw them to the ground, I would suggest NOT dropping them under any circumstances.

Best thing to do is try it with one mag and see how it goes.  The BDM mags are pretty solid.  I run the BDM solid black mags and they have been holding up just fine for me and I don't exactly baby them - they hit the ground during every reload on the clock or in practice.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Drop bag it is, then?

Dump pouch––––YEP!!!!!!!!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top