Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2009 12:21:31 AM EDT
Why do I not see many people talking about the Model 1 22LR Upper Kit?  Its seems like a good value.  For what you pay for the complete Model 1 kit with Lower Parts Kit and Buttstock, you only get the upper from Spikes, Tactisol, or CMMG.

People that have them, how do they run and how do they compare to other conversions or dedicated uppers?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:38:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the 7 1/2" upper on an SBR lower....it runs awesome!  The only time I've had malfunctions were either ammo related or when I let it get really dirty....I've got nothing else to compare it to, but I cant imagine another companies being better.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:05:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought an upper only back in May 2008. Runs great.
I, too feel this is a great deal; it's just a stripped lower away from a complete gun.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I have one also.   It is a 16" light wt.   with a Ciener Kit and the breech adapter.    It runs great and eats Fed bulk pack just fine.   Accuracy is pretty mediocre, but does clean up some with expensive match ammo.  Overall it is a great plinker and training gun.  

woofe
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:45:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I looked at one pretty hard but it came back to getting an email from them that said it would be a 6 month wait before they would ship it,  CMMG had their .22 uppers in stock at the time and ordered on a Thursday and had the following Monday.   It would be another month from now before I would of gotten the M1S upper,  That was several thousand 22 rounds, an Appleseed project and Rifleman patch done in that time.  I think it was worth the extra coin for the CMMG.  I am not sure what the wait time is now.

On that note the Spikes .22 is really calling me loudly now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:30:41 AM EDT
[#5]
My son just got his Model 1 20" SS varmint upper last week. After a six month wait of coarse. I took it out and shot all the types of ammo I had. All were quite accurate. I did have a couple of stove pipe jams but I'd think once we put more rounds through it that should stop. So for right now I'd recommend it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top