Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2009 8:51:32 PM EDT
This was inspired by shooting an acquaintance's M16 with a Ciener kit that was being run very,very wet with tons of lube. I was impressed by his results and good function,so I decided to give it a shot with my own kit in my basic lightweight M1S kit build.

So far I'm at about 500rds. I put another 200 through it tonight,practicing snap shots and double taps. Magazines are the stock JAC 10rd and 2 CMMGs.
It's lubed heavily with some old RIG +P light grease that I found in my cleaning box.
So far I've run Thunderbolts,Federal copper plated bulk 36gr HPs, Federal AutoMatch and Winchester Dynapoints through it. 2 failures to feed so far: 1 stovepipe that was likely related to ammo (bolt didn't cock) and one fairly annoying failure to eject,which resulted in a case jamming upright under the charging handle. Both were with Remington Thunderbolts at around 400rds,and both occurred while using the mag as a rest,intentionally trying to force a jam. Barring the intentional attempts to jam the weapon,I've had flawless running.
I have to say that I'm quite pleased so far with both the Ciener kit and the CMMG mags. Hopefully I don't have to ever deal with Mr. Ciener given the reports all over the net.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 5:01:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Let us know how the CMMG Mags hold up as far as actual round count. Then let us know if CMMG replaces them Free when they fail.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top