Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 6:19:45 AM EDT
I recieved my spikes conversion kit friday, went shooting sunday. Of course wal-mart had no 22 ammo, but my dad had 2 thousand rounds of remington gold which we've had for like 8 years, so I was expecting it to a horrible day. the thing shot 300 rounds with only 1 FTE. It rocked.
I didn't want to hurt anything, but the conversion kit was really hard to move into place so I could lock up the gun. Are they all like this? Is it cause of the O-ring?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#1]
its the o rings....  just give it a whack to install and a few yanks on the charging handle to remove.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at your conversion kit chamber adapter, see where the rails grab it on the side, these rails may be hitting on the inside of your upper receiver up towards the the barrel.
Check for corresponding wear on the inside of your upper receiver.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats........     Rock the Conversion (Clockwise and Counterclockwise) a tiny bit if it's the rail stopping it. It may be a combination of that and the O-Rings. Maybe I should try Remington's in my Spike's. I've been using them in 10/22's and Revolvers just to get rid if them. They never worked well with Ciener's.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top