Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 9:56:18 AM EDT
so here's my problem. Just bought a RRA 9mm. It has the proprietary lower receiver for 9mm, with a 9mm hammer. The only trigger modification i did was to install KNS non-rotational pins.

I started off last week having problems after a few rounds and thought it was related to just being a new gun. Now the problem is much worse and I can't get off more than one or two shots in a row.

PROBLEM: I fire. The old round ejects, The new round chambers. I pull the trigger and it is slack, kind of like what the trigger does on last round bolt hold open. The creepy thing is that the bolt is fully returned to battery, and the safety can be activated but the hammer does not drop when i pull the trigger.

HELP! Any suggestions? I don't want to have to send it back to RRA because i bet it wil take them months!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#1]
With an EMPTY gun and no magazine inserted, do this:

––Rack the bolt.
––Pull the trigger and hold it to the rear
––Rack the bolt again
––Slowly release the trigger

Do you feel the reset "click"? You can do the same test with the lower alone, HOLDING the hammer. Thumb cock it, pull trigger while holding the hammer and ride it forward. Keeping the trigger pinned, re-cock the hammer, then slowly release the trigger. If the hammer is slipping off the disconnector, something is wrong. Are you sure that the hammer spring is oriented correctly?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking at that again, the fact that the selector moves is strange. Have you checked to see if the selector can be moved into the "safe" position with the hammer forward? It goes without saying that that should not happen.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#3]
i tied that and there is a click.  no you can't safe the gun with the hammer forward.  

i removed everything then installed it again.  I'm going to hit the range this weekend to test it. if it still has the problem, i will install the factory pins.

if there's still a problem, I think i will call rra to get a new fcg.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top