Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2009 8:03:11 AM EDT
Can everyone post links and or pics of the various muzzle device options avalible for 9mm ARs.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:14:57 AM EDT
[#2]
anyone else?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:51:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Google is your friend:

YHM Wraith 9mm QD Flash Suppressor, cool looking and mounts a YHM 9mm suppressor, $75

Smith Vortex 9mm (too long for a 9mm SBR in my opinion, a shorty would be cool) $51

Spike's Tactical 9mm A2 Birdcage (opened up for 9mm use), only $20

I asked Todd at Primary Weapons to create a shorter 9mm version of his FSC brakes/flash suppressors, haven't heard back, $99

American Spirit Arms 9mm A2 birdcage $12

There are also a few versions of the AR15 phantom flash suppressor available for 9mm

I would love to find a shorty version of the Smith Vortex or HK G36C style flash suppressor for 9mm use

There may be an odd 1 or 2 that I've missed but that is generally it for 9mm muzzle devices.  Please let me know if there are any 9mm flash suppressors that I don't know about.  I'm building up a 7.5" barrel Spikes 9mm and I'm planning on just running the 9mm A2 birdcage unless something cooler comes along, I like that the A2 is very short in length, most of the above are too long and add to much length to the weapon.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:51:54 AM EDT
[#4]
A silencer, of course.  

I've tried a couple of compensators on the 9mm, but they aren't all that effective.  They would be even less effective on a 16" gun, as there would be less gas pressure to work with.  
If you don't want to go the NFA route, get whatever flash hider looks best to you.  Or just go with a plain muzzle.  It's mostly a matter of personal preference.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:03:00 AM EDT
[#5]
GarretJ,  what exact length bbl do you have behind that supressor, and what kind and how long is your supressor?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#6]
i asked before and spikes said that a noveske kx3 works. havent tried shooting it myself though. I plan on running one once my tax stamp comes in
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
GarretJ,  what exact length bbl do you have behind that supressor, and what kind and how long is your supressor?

It's a 5.5" barrel that came on the Spike's upper.

The can is an SWR Trident9.  It makes a pretty good package.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I have this one on my 9mm

http://www.practicalpage.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=47
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top