Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2009 10:03:51 PM EDT
I have a hahn heavy pistol buffer that I got in a trade.  It has about a half inch of over travel and its causing some problems.  I think that spikes makes something that will fix it, and i have seen that RRA has some kind of plastic insert too, I was just wondering what is the best option.

thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The Spike's unit is great.  Fair price, quality material and it is a drop in and go system.  I ended up making my own out of Delrin to cut down on weight but I would recommend getting one from Spike's as they are just great folks to deal with!  

Since I have added a spacer, there are no more broken 9mm bolt catches!  Worth the $15 for sure.  Here's a link for you!

Get one and you'll notice shorter time between shots, less felt recoil and many other advantages.  Have fun!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Spike's unit is great.  Fair price, quality material and it is a drop in and go system.  I ended up making my own out of Delrin to cut down on weight but I would recommend getting one from Spike's as they are just great folks to deal with!  

Since I have added a spacer, there are no more broken 9mm bolt catches!  Worth the $15 for sure.  Here's a link for you!

Get one and you'll notice shorter time between shots, less felt recoil and many other advantages.  Have fun!

Thanks for the input, I mainly just wanted some feetback before I got it. Maybe Ill order a 22 upper while Im at it, it will save me 5 bucks on shipping, sounds like a good idea to me  

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a hahn heavy pistol buffer that I got in a trade.  It has about a half inch of over travel and its causing some problems.  I think that spikes makes something that will fix it, and i have seen that RRA has some kind of plastic insert too, I was just wondering what is the best option.

thanks for your help.

Why pay a vendor for a fix when you can easily put $1.75 cents in quarters down the buffer tube.  This spare change fits perfectly and allows about 1/8" overtravel is works quite well.  

Try it, you will like it.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks for your help.

Why pay a vendor for a fix when you can easily put $1.75 cents in quarters down the buffer tube.  This spare change fits perfectly and allows about 1/8" overtravel and works quite well.  

Try it, you will like it.  No need for special parts and shipping.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:33:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the input, I mainly just wanted some feetback before I got it. Maybe Ill order a 22 upper while Im at it, it will save me 5 bucks on shipping, sounds like a good idea to me  

You sound like my wife. "Look honey, I just bought these clothes/shoes/purses/etc. and got a 10% discount if I spent over $1000. I saved you money!!"

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks for your help.

Why pay a vendor for a fix when you can easily put $1.75 cents in quarters down the buffer tube.  This spare change fits perfectly and allows about 1/8" overtravel is works quite well.  

Try it, you will like it.

This.

I tried it today and it worked great, besides it can be an emergency snack fund if needed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I use the quarters and its worked well so far.  I wanted to try Spike's spacer, but couldn't swallow the $11 shipping for a $15 part.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I cut a circle out of a 3/4" piece of plastic and stuck it in the tube, works well
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top