Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/25/2009 1:10:58 PM EDT
I'm looking to get one of them but haven't heard anything since SHOT... has anyone heard anything since or a firmer date?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#1]
any one? no word?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure if too many people have cared to keep up with them.  There appear to better options available already such as Spikes, TacSol, or Model 1 due to being parts compatible with standard AR's rather than polymer or non-spec look a likes which require proprietary parts.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I know an upper is going to be higher quality, but it's also going to be $100+ more for just the upper... these two should be complete for the price, although they're partially polymer and not parts compatible. My reasoning is cost + having a complete AR feeling platform that I can shoot for 1/20th of the cost.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Again, if you already have an AR, when you get a .22 upper you're training with your actual AR trigger, stock, etc, not something"a lot like" your actual AR.
Dedicated uppers start about $475(M1S) and can exactly duplicate any .223 setup, right down to the flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The knock off uppers will be low quality disappointments. If you want a crappy .22lr look a like gun and don't want to wait buy a GSG5. If you want a quality rifle that will not feel like an Airsoft toy when it's fired get an AR15 in .22lr from one of the established manufacturers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't waste your money trying to just get by.  A conversion like a Ceiner or CMMG is just a conversion and is not super relialbe all the time. If you don't have a lot of money and just want a 22 rifle then buy a 10/22.  If you want to shoot 50 rnds every once in a while the conversion is fne.  If you want a serious tool then buy a Spikes or other really good dedicated upper then you will have a true 22 lr AR.  

Trust me you will be a lot happier.

Darren
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I already have a 10/22... hopefully the S&W will be higher quality than the Colt/Umarex. I'd like a complete rifle not an upper, but maybe I should start with an upper and get a second lower eventually. The thing that's holding me back from going that route is the .22LR platforms should be roughly $500... it will cost double that for a decent Spikes setup. ($350ish for a lower, $650ish for the upper)
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top