Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2009 7:07:14 PM EDT
I'm having problems with magazines feeding.  I have one mag that seems to work 80% of the time.  The mags seat and lock in place, however they do tend to move forward and back quite a bit.  Any suggestions or tips would be of great help.

This is what i have

Rock River 9mm complete upper.
Cmmg complete lower
CProducts mag block
CProducts Magazine
Colt 9mm Buffer and spring

The ones that don't seem to work actually press the bullet tip back into the shell casing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Where in va are you?  I am sure it is mag / magwell related.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in Smithfield VA
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, I'm in Fredericksburg.  If you were close, I would have you over and we could check it out.  Took me a little while to get mine running, but it's worth the trouble when it's right.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 11:44:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Try pushing the mag forward as you shoot and see if that makes any change?  Mag wobble sounds like a sloppy mag catch slot which can cause feed problems.  Do you have only one magazine?  Can you borrow a couple to compare how they fit and feed?
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#5]
try putting some layers of tape on a couple sides to take out the slop.  its a cheap/easy way to see if it is a mag issue.

when i got my OA K9, my LGS said to make sure the mags didnt have alot of slop.  that was a good majority of the problems with those pistol ARs.

if it is a mag problem, then try to adjust your MWB.

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 5:29:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm having problems with magazines feeding.  I have one mag that seems to work 80% of the time.  The mags seat and lock in place, however they do tend to move forward and back quite a bit.  Any suggestions or tips would be of great help.

This is what i have

Rock River 9mm complete upper.
Cmmg complete lower
CProducts mag block
CProducts Magazine

Colt 9mm Buffer and spring

The ones that don't seem to work actually press the bullet tip back into the shell casing.

If you want my opinion - see above.  If not - skip this post.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 12:54:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Has anybody gotten a CProducts mag block to work?  I love the mags.  I bet good money your mag block moves around in your mag well and causes this problem.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:51:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Agree with other posts...try colt mags and either a hahn or RRA mar block. It does make a huge difference. I also stopped using remington umc ammo with these changes and my 9mm works 100 percent.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#9]
You need a better Mag block and ammo with the profile of WWB IMHO
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I had nothing but trouble with the C Products mag block. Changed to a Hahn's bottom loading block and now my 15 C Products work without a single problem.

I don't know of anyone yet that has one that runs like it should.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:52:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Dump the CProducts mag block + mags.

Get RRA mag block and Metalform mags.

Both available at Spikes Tactical.

Metalform made the original Colts 9mm SMG mags.
800-618-3318  part # 9-SMG-32-S  $39.30ea

You can get the CProducts mags to run with the RRA block by lowering it .015-.020" in the well.

Get out your checkbook, just do it, have fun with something that runs 100% and never look back.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#12]
If you have c-product mags already, keep them and try rra mag block.  It gives you the ability to adjust and lock in place. Once set, (mine) hasn't moved and 100% reliable with c-prod mags. Shot with 115g,124g,147g with different bullet profiles and haven't had a failure (only about 300 rounds so far). I have a CMMG bolt so your results may vary.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I agree with only half of this statement-their block is apparently pretty crappy, but their mags are solid (though different from Colt/Metalform mags).
Quoted:
You can get the CProducts mags to run with the RRA block by lowering it .015-.020" in the well.
This works out to lowering the block to where the mag catch retains it and then re-tightening the setscrew.  VERY easy and amazingly effective.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Get RRA mag block and Metalform mags.

Both available at Spikes Tactical.

Metalform made the original Colts 9mm SMG mags.
800-618-3318  part # 9-SMG-32-S  $39.30ea

Get out your checkbook, just do it, have fun with something that runs 100% and never look back.

Follow the advise in this reply and you will have a gun that works as it should, without lowering magblocks, modifying mags etc.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I agree with GHPorter, I lowered my RRA block very slightly, tightened the magblock hand I have fired over 2500 rds with my CProducts mags without a single hiccup.  To me, lowering the block is no big deal.  I have over a dozen CProducts mags and 6 Pro Mags and all work fine.  The Pro Mags work OK, but the bulge when fully loaded and require a good whack to fully seat.  With CProducts mags I can buy 2 for each MetalForm mag I buy.  If I had to keep adjusting the mag block, I would have ditched the CP mags, but it amounted to loosening the set screw, lowering the block slightly and re-tightening the set screw and everything worked.  I am an engineer by trade and I dont mind tinkering with guns to get them to work properly.

G
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#16]
There was a thread a while back that had some info on dremeling the CProducts mag block's feed ramp to mimick RRA's black feed ramp.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top