Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2008 9:58:29 PM EDT
Hello, have an Oly upper on the Cav Arms lower.  What unique Oly parts should I keep extras around?

Thinking long term in case Oly goes belly up.

So far my list is only extractor.  Extractor spring is regular AR.  anything else?
Link Posted: 12/21/2008 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Ejector, Ejector spring, Ejector Pin
ejector spring parts set part number PC28
http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=53&Itemid=37
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont see a firing pin for sale, is it the same as a regular 5.56 gun?
Link Posted: 12/29/2008 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#3]
also, how do you remove the extractor for replacement or cleaning?
Link Posted: 12/29/2008 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I wouldn't for routine cleaning. I have a 9mm, but it's pretty much the same setup. I use one of the weapon tooth brushes with some solvent. If I get ambitious I will hit it with compressed air as well. Do this before you clean the rest of the interior of the upper.

Link Posted: 1/2/2009 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]
have a buddy that needs to replace an extractor blown out by faulty ammo.  I would also like to know how it works.
Link Posted: 1/3/2009 5:46:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Remove the firing pin like you would on a 5.56mm bolt group.  Be careful, because it is spring-loaded.  Aside from the return spring, the firing pin is identical to a regular Ar-15.

Next, pull the large rectangular-head pin out of the top of the bolt group.  This pin is analogous to the cam pin on a regular 5.56 bolt.  You will probably need to use pliers, as it will be very tight.

After removing the pin, the bolt should slide forward out of the carrier, allowing you to access the extractor.
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remove the firing pin like you would on a 5.56mm bolt group.  Be careful, because it is spring-loaded.  Aside from the return spring, the firing pin is identical to a regular Ar-15.

Next, pull the large rectangular-head pin out of the top of the bolt group.  This pin is analogous to the cam pin on a regular 5.56 bolt.  You will probably need to use pliers, as it will be very tight.

After removing the pin, the bolt should slide forward out of the carrier, allowing you to access the extractor.

Thanks, didn't know whether the head was removable, wont budge with finger pressure.

Link Posted: 1/6/2009 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Just remember that unlike a standard AR extractor, which has the pin in the middle and the spring in the tail, the pistol-cal extractors have the spring in the middle, bearing against the inside of the carrier–– if you just haul the bolt out of the carrier, you're likely to have the spring fall out and get lost. Do it carefully the first couple of times. Like Noxspector said, it isn't necessary to remove it for normal cleaning. And Olympic is showing no signs of going under any time in the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Definately keep spare extractors on hand.  I had the top pivot hole wear through on mine one time.  Luckily I had a spare on hand and was up and running right away.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:30:01 PM EDT
[#10]
forgot to order this, will finally do it soon.  anything else I should get not mentioned above?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top