Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2008 2:15:37 AM EDT
I was wondering how may people have a "match" type trigger in their pistol caliber guns?  I have found tons of information about match trigger in rifle calibers, but not much, if any in pistol calibers.   I was looking to build another pistol caliber AR and was curious what different trigger systems/fire control systems that have worked well.  I am not a big fan of GI type triggers because they are heavy, creepy, gritty etc.  Just FYI, I am a firm believer in ramped bolts.

-Jard  4lb with so-so success.  It misfired with too much with hammer follow-through(worked great in .223 3-gun rifle)

-JP fire control system with JP low mass hammer that is my current favorite.

Could you post what trigger you have used that worked and/or not worked?  Do you have any tips or tricks to use to make the trigger system work better?

Thanks to everybody for their information.

Walnut
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of the match triggers will work IF you have your bolt ramped.  Most of the match type triggers use a notched hammer, which will lock up your action if the bolt isn't ramped.  I have a fully adjustable Jard 3 lb trigger and it works great, you have to make sure your disconnector adjustment is set properly.

G
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I put a Jewel in my S&W MP15T and an quite happy with it.  That's the lower I have also used a Spikes 22 upper with and it works well with both centerfire and rimfire.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used Chip McCormick and Timney triggers in my Cavalry Arms/ Oly .45ACP setup. No issues.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top