Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/15/2008 4:51:22 PM EDT
So I have been trying to call M1S for the last 4 days.  All I get is a busy signal.  Also, I just want to inquire about something specific, and order a barrel, but I can't get through.  Is this par for the course with them?  If anyone from M1S happens to read this post PLEASE PM ME!!!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#1]
The issue is that the industry is in overload.  It is bizzare, but that is what's happening.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Great.  I am in need of a rimfire barrel and it has nothing to do with the "industry overload".  I guess it just happens to be a bad time for me to want what I want...
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Great.  I am in need of a rimfire barrel and it has nothing to do with the "industry overload".  I guess it just happens to be a bad time for me to want what I want...

I don't think it's industry overload either.  I called 2 weeks ago to order just a barrel.  I was told complete 22 uppers were delayed 8+ weeks because of bolt issues, but the barrel I wanted was in stock and would ship out within a couple days.  Called back mid week this week to find out what where my order was and was told it didn't ship yet and wasn't going to ship for another 2 weeks or so, even though it was in still in stock.  I have no issue waiting for backorder parts or for something to be assembled or whatnot, but it's pretty bad when a company has stuff in stock and they still want 3+ weeks just to put it in a box, put a label on it and get it shipped.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Policeman, oldcatdriver's right. since the election, the whole industry's in overload.
At the Fort Worth Gun Show today, anybody with AR stuff was mobbed, including the M1S guys, SOG Armory, etc.
I saw the last 4 stripped lowers go for $159 about 2:00PM, I saw a DPMS stripped lower priced @ $296, Complete DPMS lowers @ $495. Slick side DPMS CARs @ $1195. A bazillion people indiscriminately grabbing guns they obviously didn't know about.
I can't get an answer at Military Gun Supply's number since the election.
Ammo dealers selling out.
Wells going dry.
Fire in the sky.
Cats and dogs in unnatural congress.
Never saw the like.

When I bought my deliberately boltless 16"CAR upper last may, it took a day or two for a return call.
Keep the faith.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree. Have you checked availability on common 30rd mags? Also, I've been around awhile, and M1Sales does a LOT of gun shows, while they CAN. Probably not enough help back at the shop. I want to order a .22 bbl from them soon as well.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmm... I just ordered a 7.5" .22LR barrel via their online store.  Hopefully it doesn't get delayed.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hmm... I just ordered a 7.5" .22LR barrel via their online store.  Hopefully it doesn't get delayed.  

I finally got through on the phone and I was told that all upper related parts were suffering from a 12-14 WEEK shipping delay  I guess I will not be able to get my rimfire barrel by Christmas
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I agree. Have you checked availability on common 30rd mags? Also, I've been around awhile, and M1Sales does a LOT of gun shows, while they CAN. Probably not enough help back at the shop. I want to order a .22 bbl from them soon as well.

I called them a week or two ago and was told they had no 9mm bolts, but they would be getting them in a week.  I had emailed the night before and didn't get a reply fast enough, so I just called.

Well, the email was replied to not an hour after I got off the phone with them, and I was told they didn't have any 9mm bolts and wouldn't have any for at least 6 months.

Apparently, it matters whom you talk to at Model 1 Sales as to what reply you get.

Do they get more money for the parts (more markup) at gun shows, or something?  Why make paying internet customers who already ordered wait while you all go to a gun show and maybe sell something (possibly the very parts the internet customers are waiting on)?  Seems like bad business.  Internet orders CAN be canceled, you know.  You can't take those for granted.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I finally got through on the phone and I was told that all upper related parts were suffering from a 12-14 WEEK shipping delay  I guess I will not be able to get my rimfire barrel by Christmas

Daaaaaamn!  AR pistols might be banned by then.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Daaaaaamn!  AR pistols might be banned by then.  

Everyone who sees M1S at a gun show will have one for you to look at after the ban, though, if that makes you feel any better.

See Del-Ton's main page for what a retailer should do when they get swamped with orders:  http://www.del-ton.com/

2008 Gun Show Schedule

Due to volume of orders, we will not be attending any gun shows for the remainder of 2008.

If you'd like to pick up parts from us at our location in Elizabethtown, please give us a call.  We're accepting walk in traffic by appointment only.

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes!

Thanks!

Subject to change without notice

Kill the gun show engagements until you get back on your feet, but leave the schedule subject to change, in case you get the orders filled more quickly than anticipated or in case they mostly cancel them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:38:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I ordered an .22 upper from MS1 back in October..Guess it will be awhile
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:56:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't fret.  I ordered a .22 upper from them and just got it in a little over a month.

Quoted:
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can get your rimfire barrel before x-max.

Oh?  Do you guys have some .22LR barrels in stock?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:34:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I called them a week or two ago and was told they had no 9mm bolts, but they would be getting them in a week.  I had emailed the night before and didn't get a reply fast enough, so I just called.

Well, the email was replied to not an hour after I got off the phone with them, and I was told they didn't have any 9mm bolts and wouldn't have any for at least 6 months.

Apparently, it matters whom you talk to at Model 1 Sales as to what reply you get.

Do they get more money for the parts (more markup) at gun shows, or something?  Why make paying internet customers who already ordered wait while you all go to a gun show and maybe sell something (possibly the very parts the internet customers are waiting on)?  Seems like bad business.  Internet orders CAN be canceled, you know.  You can't take those for granted.

i ordered a 9mm pistol kit a couple months back to build an sbr and was told they where out of bolts.. i was called about a month or so ago saying they received them, i told them if i wanted it i will call them back in an hour or so(called to see if a buddy wanted it) cause i purchased one from spikes at the miami show..

never called them back but checked my bank account and there was a charge from model1, called them up they said it was for the 9mm pistol kit i ordered then they read the note on the order which stated will call back in an hour etc etc so should be receiving it tomorrow or so and sending it back..

when i was called i was told they only received 7 9mm bolts[>:/]

guess they'll have one back soon so if someone wants to call them n try to reserve it lol
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can get your rimfire barrel before x-max.

Oh?  Do you guys have some .22LR barrels in stock?

I ordered a Model 1 barrel from Spike's on Thursday, and received
it today. I just have to wait for them to get more of their custom
chamber adapters. I have a few Ciener kits around and didn't want to spring for another
complete kit. I'll just wait until they get their collars in stock. Unless someone has
an extra and would be willing to sell it to me.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
i ordered a 9mm pistol kit a couple months back to build an sbr...

What kind of barrel and upper receiver?

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered a 22LR A2 dedicated upper from Model 1 on Oct 15th and received it today.  Looks pretty good so far, nice fit and finish.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Don't fret.  I ordered a .22 upper from them and just got it in a little over a month.

Quoted:

Got a tracking# today

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Alright - email sent.

I'm going to try to cancel my order with M1S...  this oughtta be fun.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm swapping my 9mm pistol build for a .223 pistol build instead, so I just did some canceling as well.

Canceling is fun (not really).  See if you can get Model 1 Sales on the phone.  I called over and over (redial) for about an hour straight yesterday (Thursday) around 2PM - busy.  It's like they have the phone off the hook.  I was trying to order a .223 pistol upper, though, not cancel.  Still, no deal.

C Products was easy right after that, as they just sent me straight to voicemail to cancel my order.  I emailed as well, so we'll see.  Canceling the one-time-use temporary credit card number (ShopSafe Visa) you gave them ensures you won't be getting a charge if they ignore the cancel request.    Works for me.

ADCO is simple to use and a breeze to cancel.  I emailed Steve and got a nearly instant reply saying it was canceled.  Emailed again, and boom - instant reply.  It was like IMing him.  I would recommend ADCO for anyone for anything.  I plan to buy from them first if they have anything I want.  No run-arounds and no difficulty at all ordering, getting order status, or canceling.  I would have gotten my pistol upper from them, but they didn't have any 10 1/4" flat top upper halves in .223 w/an A2 FSB (just the 9mm I was canceling and one with a railed block).

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Spikes,

Do you have either of the the following M1S Barrels in stock?

20" 22LR AR15 barrel

14 1/2"  22LR M4 barrel

could you please email me with availability and price? ... thanks

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:03:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top