Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2008 3:29:56 PM EDT
I can seem to find anyone selling them, somebody wanna throw me a bone? Please.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Try some of the C Products mags.  i have used them in a Colt Sub Gun and they work better than the factory mags, and easier to load..

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
CProducts apparently is now the OEM producer of Colt 9mm subgun magazines.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys but I am looking for true "COLT" mags.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought 16 of the 32rd CProducts mags and three of them aren't reliable.  8 of them are X marked and the other 8 are not.  The three bad ones are X marked, they will be going back and soon I expect to have 16 perfect 32rd CProducts mags for 19.99 each.  Give a couple a try if you haven't   They are better than the internet says.  If they are good enough for Colt they are good enough for me.

On topic, Your best bet may be to watch the EE for the "COLT" mags.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#5]
have you checked the EE?  There are some there from time to time.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 2:47:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Good luck. Most places that are selling them now will send you the CP mags. Then the guys who do have the one's with the little pony on them charge big bucks.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 3:02:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Try Tim_FL in the EE, I think he still has some.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=515538

I've bought several (both 20 & 32rd) from him. Good man to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:18:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck. Most places that are selling them now will send you the CP mags. Then the guys who do have the one's with the little pony on them charge big bucks.

Yep - caveat emptor.

I'd get pics of the overall mag and closeups of the feed lip area and baseplate area to confirm they are "real" Colt mags and not "CP" Colt mags.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:55:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Real (pre CProducts) Colt mags >>> HERE

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Good price and it looks like it is actually the price for 1 or as many as you want - original Colt spec is the flat feed lip (available with polymer or old school metal followers) and they have a new upturned feed lip (not sure what it fixes or does though).

I guess the days of $50-60 "real" Colt mags has officially ended.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I have 6 CP mags and they all suck in my colt 6450.  Bad move for colt IMO to move to the CP mags over the original colt mags..  All of my original mags work perfectly in my gun.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

C products is now apparently the OEM producer for Colt magazine "redesign".  I woiuld suspect if you wait long enough they will be around with the colt stamp until then the C products magazines with their own stamping are your best bet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Just posted some if you are still looking- How about 40.00 for old school "real" preban factory Colt

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=579757
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 3:28:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good price and it looks like it is actually the price for 1 or as many as you want - original Colt spec is the flat feed lip (available with polymer or old school metal followers) and they have a new upturned feed lip (not sure what it fixes or does though).

Funny what a little competition will do for prices, isn't it?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top