Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:26:04 PM EDT
The new generation of Rock River 9mm rifles that will have an integral mag block fully machined into the receiver should be shipping by the end of the year.

Does ANYONE know anyone that works for Rock River...or does ANYONE know if Rock River got smart to the fact that just about every person who owns a 9mm...gets the bolt carrier ramped...and therefore will be producing their new rifles with carriers already in a ramped format?

If they are going to produce a new generation of "done right" 9mm rifles...I would hope that they would not overlook this important feature.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a non-ramped bolt with a 9mm RRA hammer and it works perfect.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I suggested the ramped bolt to them at the SHOT show and they looked at me like I was from Mars.

The Bushmaster 9mm's do come standard with a ramped bolt, too bad they won't build them on standard aluminum receivers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I suggested the ramped bolt to them at the SHOT show and they looked at me like I was from Mars.

The Bushmaster 9mm's do come standard with a ramped bolt, too bad they won't build them on standard aluminum receivers.

Is there anything proprietary about the Bushmaster bolts or will they fit in any standard upper? Maybe I need to get of of those and save the money of having to have someone ramp it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#4]
My RRA 9mm bolt is not ramped and it has worked flawless SO FAR.  I would think its cheaper to have the bolt ramp vs buying a new one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there anything proprietary about the Bushmaster bolts or will they fit in any standard upper? Maybe I need to get of of those and save the money of having to have someone ramp it.

I don't know if they would interchange or not.  I do know that they don't have the relief cut for the ejection port door as the carbon uppers don't have port doors, so you wouldn't be able to use a standard port door with a Bushmaster bolt.

Quoted:
If they are going to produce a new generation of "done right" 9mm rifles...I would hope that they would not overlook this important feature.

If they really wanted to make a "done right" 9mm, they would correct the bolt overtravel issue as well.

I would suspect that the new 9mm receiver design is simply for cost savings over the production cost of the magwell adapters and service/customer support costs of dealing with adapters that get moved around (by accident or fiddling) and consumers not being savvy enough to correct the problem.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I just dont get the dedicated lower? I can not see any advantage over the std lower.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
I just dont get the dedicated lower? I can not see any advantage over the std lower.

No mag block to cause variations between rifles. Theoretically, if you have a machined magwell, making magazines for it suddenly becomes much easier as well because you don't have to worry about allowing for variations in mag blocks.

I wouldn't mind having one if properly done. My 9mm is dedicated to that caliber already anyway.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top