Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 4:46:12 PM EDT
i have a yhm mite suppressor that id like to put on my ar with a ceiner 22lr conversion kit. does anyone know if i will risk baffle strikes using the suppressor on the ar w/ 22lr? any info would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#2]
No problem with my RRA 1/9 with Tac65, Outback II, M4-2000 and Halo with CCI ammo.  

Stay away from lead ammo if you can. JMHO  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont use the Aqulla SSS ammo (too heavy) and id stick with copper or copper coated ammo. sadly there is no Subsonic ammo that is copper. The closest you will get is standard velocity like CCI or WInchester DYnapoint.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Standard velocity is subsonic!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#6]
thx for the replies thus far.

let me back up now...

when i shoot federal bulk or remmy bulk in my 10/22 w/ suppressor...its still loud.  when i should remmy subsonics in my 10/22 w/ suppressor its quiet.  

both are lead, right?

i need to be able to shoot subsonic w/ the 16" barrel, or it kinda defeats the purpose of using the suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Standard velocity is faster than subsonic by approximately 100 fps, depending on the manufacturer of each. Outside air temperature will determine the speeed of sound and standard velocity can be either subsonic, transonic or supersonic depending on the temperature and whether fired from a semiauto or closed bolt firearm.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Standard velocity is faster than subsonic by approximately 100 fps, depending on the manufacturer of each. Outside air temperature will determine the speeed of sound and standard velocity can be either subsonic, transonic or supersonic depending on the temperature and whether fired from a semiauto or closed bolt firearm as well as barrel length.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
thx for the replies thus far.

let me back up now...

when I shoot federal bulk or remmy bulk in my 10/22 w/ suppressor...its still loud.  when I should remmy subsonics in my 10/22 w/ suppressor its quiet.  

both are lead, right?

I need to be able to shoot subsonic w/ the 16" barrel, or it kinda defeats the purpose of using the suppressor.

Sub-sonic is the only thing that is truly quite out of my long barrel .22. Everything else makes the Ballistic crack going down range.

I shoot my Ceiner thru a 5 1/2" barrel, it's good to go with a Suppressor.  Try this link for your Ceiner, doing these thing's should help with function of Sub-sonic ammo.

Maybe I missed something, but all .22 LR ammo is lead is'nt it? Sure some of it is Copper plated, or Copper Washed, but it's all basically lead.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#11]
CCI Standard Velocity IS subsonic from my 16" Spikes and also a 20" Stag 4H with a stock Ciener conversion.  VERY VERY pleased with this ammo for suppressor use!
Box states 1070fps.
It may not be in the wintertime when its cold outside!

Unfortunately there is no "Industry Standard" that I know of, its just marketing terminology.
Try ammo yourself. Other factors can influence "your" situation such as barrel length, barrel bore, rifling type, etc.

My Pilot can is very clean after thousands of rounds of lead nose CCI. I let it cool between mags, that probably helps.

YMMV
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I have approx 7K  rounds of mixed .22 ammo thru my M16 using three different cans with no strikes to date.

YMMV
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Maybe I missed something, but all .22 LR ammo is lead is'nt it? Sure some of it is Copper plated, or Copper Washed, but it's all basically lead.

With lead ammo, they have a coating, kind of like a lubricant. Think of the .223 Poly coated ammo, itll leave a build up inside. That is why alot of ppl buy cans they can take apart. I have an OUTBACK, I cant take it apart, that is why I restrict my shooting to copper only. Ive put a few Subsonic thru it, but not that many, standard velocity ammo is pretty close to subsonic. The DYnapoint is the closest ive found.

With copper or copper coated bullets, the copper is the coating. Its easy to get copper out than it is hot lead that has formed itself inside the barrel or suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#14]
CCI standard works well in my setup too. Cleanest burning .22 I ever used.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:21:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

With copper or copper coated bullets, the copper is the coating. Its easy to get copper out than it is hot lead that has formed itself inside the barrel or suppressor.

IMO the copper "wash" is a joke.  Look at any bullet downrange in the sand berm and you'll see that rifling has gouged right through the micro thin copper wash, shredding into the lead anyway.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top